DX always boots into recovery?

B

budmonster

Everytime I turn my cell off and reboot it goes right into recovery for some reason? When I shut my phone off and turn it back on same thing. Bootstrapper is installed so I don't know why it's keeps doing this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ncdub

Reaction score
Depends on who you ask but, some people say this is a good thing. Mine does it too and I am grateful it does because if anything ever happens, and I need to recover, all I ha e to do is pull the battery and boom! Recovery!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, did the same thing on my D2. I was rebooting into recovery even though I was back at stock and had deleted the boot strap app off my phone.

Nobody listens to me when I tell them there is a problem with the bootstraps and clockwork. It looks like it does it to the X as well.

I had to sbf to get it to stop.

maderschramm

Reaction score
I'm with bill - there seem to be errors in clockworkmod recovery. too bad it's monopolized on the dx :p

to resolve the issue you can uninstall and reinstall the bootstrapper - but you have to do a "full" uninstall by renaming the logwrapper.bin

full directions are in a link in my sig - it's the one for backup and restoring, it's in a later post in the guide.

OP
B

budmonster

Yep, did the same thing on my D2. I was rebooting into recovery even though I was back at stock and had deleted the boot strap app off my phone.

Nobody listens to me when I tell them there is a problem with the bootstraps and clockwork. It looks like it does it to the X as well.

I had to sbf to get it to stop.

im on stock but im rooted. when i first got my phone i rooted with z4root and once i was rooted i made a CW backup. i just restored back to that last night. so im on stock dx 2.2.1 with root/su/etc.

on some roms i dont have this problem. it restarts fine, but right now everytime i turn phone off and back on right into clockwork.

if i delete bootstrapp off my phone right now i can make backups and if i got into trouble wouldnnt i be screwed?

CxUNG

Reaction score
Had similar problem but i solved it after i Powered Down my fone Pulled out my Battery and Started Up the fone again. It went away right after it. Let me know if it works out for yall.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
To stop from booting into clockwork every manual reboot, open the bootstrap app and select bootstrap recovery then ok. And that's it. To full delete the app, delete system/bin/hijack and system/bin/logwrapper.bin and rename to system/bin/logwrapper.bin to system/bin/logwrapper.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
To stop from booting into clockwork every manual reboot, open the bootstrap app and select bootstrap recovery then ok. And that's it. To full delete the app, delete system/bin/hijack and system/bin/logwrapper.bin and rename to system/bin/logwrapper.bin to system/bin/logwrapper.

I'm confused, you're recommending to delete this folder and file and rename the file?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper. Only do this to delete clockwork if you're going to return your phone to VZW.