DVD's to Droid?

valnar

Reaction score
HandBrake is just as good and free.

Sure it's good. If you want the audio and video to be out of sync. DVD Catalyst and DVDtoWeb are able to work with DVDs out of the box...HandBrake you have to install a third party application to get it working properly.

Huh? By third party do you mean AnyDVD? Because I don't need anything else.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Never used DVD Catalyst. I have DVD-43 to crack encryption and then Handbrake. Handbrake works great for the most part however, it does have sync issues form time to time.

As for Blu-Ray I would think your options are to Buy Daemon Tools Pro which will convert a Blu-Ray to ISO. Then I think you can rip the ISO image to a video file.

After see the comments I may need to check out DVD Catalyst.

D

dvdcatalyst

Sure it's good. If you want the audio and video to be out of sync. DVD Catalyst and DVDtoWeb are able to work with DVDs out of the box...HandBrake you have to install a third party application to get it working properly.

Handbrake is free, but AnyDVD costs about $60, which makes using it for DVD to Droid (the thread title) not free.

snakeyes

Reaction score
voice sync issue

Not to thread jack but... I dl the trial of dvd catalyst and i get voice sync issues when playing, i tried lowering th quality and still was a problem. What else ca i try?

JTAC

Reaction score

Yes. That is what I mean. Does HandBrake come with AnyDVD; no it doesn't, which makes it a third party application.

D

dvdcatalyst

Not to thread jack but... I dl the trial of dvd catalyst and i get voice sync issues when playing, i tried lowering th quality and still was a problem. What else ca i try?

A battery pull sometimes helps. In fact not even an hour ago, someone emailed me in regards of sync issues, and a battery pull fixed the problem.

If that does not help, check the file on your computer (use Quicktime or VLC, Windows Media Player has sync issues by default with h264 files) and see if it has sync issues.

Do you have the boosterpack installed?

www.tools4movies.com/dc3b.zip

kijutsu

Reaction score
Also, handbrake for ipod works pretty well too. i just use the ipod legacy (640x*** maintaining aspect ratio, 1500kbps, stereo 44.1 or 48khz) They work great.

snakeyes

Reaction score

A battery pull sometimes helps. In fact not even an hour ago, someone emailed me in regards of sync issues, and a battery pull fixed the problem.

If that does not help, check the file on your computer (use Quicktime or VLC, Windows Media Player has sync issues by default with h264 files) and see if it has sync issues.

Do you have the boosterpack installed?

www.tools4movies.com/dc3b.zip
oooh whats a booster pack do? Can i apply it to the trial. I have no problem spending $9.95 if i can get it to work. I will try that when i get home. I did try it in quicktime and seemed ok. im just using the default droid player on my phone though. Thanks

D

dvdcatalyst

dvd catalyst;190876 said:
oooh whats a booster pack do? Can i apply it to the trial. I have no problem spending $9.95 if i can get it to work. I will try that when i get home. I did try it in quicktime and seemed ok. im just using the default droid player on my phone though. Thanks

The boosterpack is an updated conversion engine which speeds up conversions and also fixes some complications with some DVDs.

It does work with the trial version as well.

tarleet

Reaction score
Just tried DVD to Droid from dotheweb.net WOW. So easy a caveman can do it. Insert dvd to your pc, attach your droid, start the progam, after a 30 sec test hit the convert button, go make dinner and eat. It rips/converts and copies to your droid while you are away. And it's free

You cant beat that!

For me anydvd+clonedvd mobile gets it done every time without any problems.

snakeyes

Reaction score
dvd catalyst;190876 said:

The boosterpack is an updated conversion engine which speeds up conversions and also fixes some complications with some DVDs.

It does work with the trial version as well.
Thanks the battery pull seems to have made the already at lower quality video play properly. Im installing the booster to retest at default quality now. Thanks again.

howzball

Reaction score
Also, handbrake for ipod works pretty well too. i just use the ipod legacy (640x*** maintaining aspect ratio, 1500kbps, stereo 44.1 or 48khz) They work great.

Be interested to know what version of Handbrake you're using cause the new 0.9.4 version isn't working for me any longer.
I'm using the Linux version so I suppose that could be an issue but, the older 0.9.3 version of Handbrake worked perfectly, the newer "improved" version....not so much.

It outputs a working, playable file just not one the Droid will play. Sometimes all I get is sound other times the whole gallery app locks up hard.

I'm in the process of trying Handbrake out on a Win laptop and see if that works better.

Update: Umm...file this under user error. Just rebooted the droid and things appear to be working fine. Wished I woulda tried this sooner. ;-)

Last edited: