DVD Catalyst

D

dvdcatalyst

first off i wanna say i love dvd catalyst it's the best but i am for one having one small problem with converting a certain format. The file i'm trying to convert is a .m2ts, the file will convert and the video will play but there's no sound? i thought maybe it was just that one file but i downloaded 3 other .m2ts files and they converted just fine video is excellent but no sound? How do i get the sound working for .m2ts files?

Thanks unknownflip :)

Unfortunately some m2ts files have audio issues.:(
For some, the boosterpack can fix the problem, but for others, there is no current solution as of yet.
I have been working on it, but unfortunately no luck, sorry.

unknownflip

Reaction score
it's no problem i can manage without it, i didn't know if i was the only one having the problem lol but cool beans awesome program!!

serum153

Reaction score
edit: yes, you can reconvert the files you have for the Eris. In addition, you can add another device to DVD Catalyst (pick your droid profile, click on modify, click the add button on the right, change it to the iPhone profile) which will have dvdcat convert everything you convert from then on to both devices. You can also save this as a profile, and then save another profile with just your Droid profile in it, so you can switch easily.

This is going to be amazing. I just tried it and followed the instructions taht you listed as well as compared it to the web, but I can't get it to go. If I add a device it will only list the device in the profile so for example: my droid profile list Droid 01, if i add another device it says droid 02, 03 etc...It doesn't give me the option of the apple i phone or edit the video settings on the added device. I have tried creating a new profile from scratch, but had no luck. Let me know and thanks for the quick response

Anomander

Reaction score
I am thinking of picking up this program, but had a question first. I know DVDs have protection that disables you from ripping them onto your computer. Does this program circumvent that protection so you can, or am I going to need another piece of software to disable that and then rip it with this? I'm looking to adding some of my DVD's onto my phone for the kids for long trips.

serum153

Reaction score
I have done brand new movies to very old dvd's and haven't ran into a problem yet. This program is extremely user friendly and the creator as well as many other users are very helpful on this forum.

Anomander

Reaction score
Yea, I saw that the creator is active on here and that is a huge plus. Going to go and download it now.:)

serum153

Reaction score
Best $10 that I have ever spent. One thing that I have a question about is...Are the upgrades/updates for this software free?

D

dvdcatalyst

Yea, I saw that the creator is active on here and that is a huge plus. Going to go and download it now.:)

Thanks, providing support is something I have at the very top of my priority list :)
I have a long history in IT support jobs, both receiving and providing, and the best thing I have with DVD Catalyst is that I have no boss telling me how to do it. If my job-history has taught me one thing, its how NOT to provide support. I've dealt with huge companies, and almost all of them just push people around, long waits etc. There is only one of these that I dealt with that actually shows the proper respect to it's customers, and thats IBM.

Providing proper support takes a lot of time, but in the end, a happy user is all that matters.

Best $10 that I have ever spent. One thing that I have a question about is...Are the upgrades/updates for this software free?

Upgrades within the same big version are free, just click on the cat-eyes to update. Normally for a big version increase, I ask for a small upgrade fee, but I do keep a fair free-upgrade time schedule for customers who purchased before.

BUT (and this is what you want to hear :)) while normally I make an entire new app for a full version release, DVD Catalyst 4 will be just an updated version of DVD Catalyst 3.99.9.

DVD Catalyst 3 has all the bells and whistles I can think of, and while I have a few ideas I'm working on (secret :)) they do not justify a completely new version. And because the current v3 (3.84.1) is so close to a v4.00.0, it would just be impossible.

So, an upgrade to v4 will also be free :icon_ banana:

I am always open for suggestions, so if you have an idea for a feature you would like to see added, shoot me an email or pm. A lot of stuff that has been added since the 3.0 release are actually based on user ideas.

serum153

Reaction score
edit: yes, you can reconvert the files you have for the Eris. In addition, you can add another device to DVD Catalyst (pick your droid profile, click on modify, click the add button on the right, change it to the iPhone profile) which will have dvdcat convert everything you convert from then on to both devices. You can also save this as a profile, and then save another profile with just your Droid profile in it, so you can switch easily.

This is going to be amazing. I just tried it and followed the instructions taht you listed as well as compared it to the web, but I can't get it to go. If I add a device it will only list the device in the profile so for example: my droid profile list Droid 01, if i add another device it says droid 02, 03 etc...It doesn't give me the option of the apple i phone or edit the video settings on the added device. I have tried creating a new profile from scratch, but had no luck. Let me know and thanks for the quick response

D

dvdcatalyst

Just delete all the ones you added, and just add one. Then on the left side, change it to the desired device setting. It will work :)

Anomander

Reaction score
Just added Ice Age 3 to my Droid tonight. Holy Crap it looks amazing! The sound was spot on also. I'm running a P4 3.2Ghz (With hyperthreading) and 2.5 Gigs of Memory. I believe it took about an hour and half to get it converted. I'd love to have a newer machine, but not going to happen any time soon. Is there an option to Log the results of each rip? I was off doing something else and I forgot to look at the results before I closed out the program.

race301

Reaction score

Same here, best program I have used. Mitch gives great support, very lucky to have. GREAT STUFF.

D

dvdcatalyst

Just added Ice Age 3 to my Droid tonight. Holy Crap it looks amazing! The sound was spot on also. I'm running a P4 3.2Ghz (With hyperthreading) and 2.5 Gigs of Memory. I believe it took about an hour and half to get it converted. I'd love to have a newer machine, but not going to happen any time soon. Is there an option to Log the results of each rip? I was off doing something else and I forgot to look at the results before I closed out the program.

Unfortunately not, however,if you do not see the conversion results after a conversion is finished, just click on the "Status" button next to the Go button to bring it up. I will work on something that will let you save it though. Thanks for the idea :)

Best $10 that I have ever spent.
Same here, best program I have used. Mitch gives great support, very lucky to have. GREAT STUFF.

As long as everyone here appreciates me hanging out here and answering questions, I'm happy to do it. :)

diveman

Reaction score
DVD Catalyst Newbee needs help

Hi.. Just a few questions. I just purchased the Droid and Dvd Catalyst. I am trying to convert the digital copy of the Hangover and it has not been successful. I have two files digital files that were provided the Hangover_PCUSSDN.wmv and Hangover_PTUSSDN.wmv.

1. Which file should I use to convert?
    • Hangover_PCUSSDN.wmv or Hangover_PTUSSDN.wmv
  2. What DVD Catalyst Settings should I use for the Droid
    • Droid, Droid HQ, or Droid HQ2 ?
    • Player Screensize?
    • Conversion Format?
  3. In the Global Settings. Should I have anything selected other than the defaults.
Thanks in advance...

D

dvdcatalyst

Hi.. Just a few questions. I just purchased the Droid and Dvd Catalyst. I am trying to convert the digital copy of the Hangover and it has not been successful. I have two files digital files that were provided the Hangover_PCUSSDN.wmv and Hangover_PTUSSDN.wmv.

1. Which file should I use to convert?
    • Hangover_PCUSSDN.wmv or Hangover_PTUSSDN.wmv
  2. What DVD Catalyst Settings should I use for the Droid
    • Droid, Droid HQ, or Droid HQ2 ?
    • Player Screensize?
    • Conversion Format?
  3. In the Global Settings. Should I have anything selected other than the defaults.
Thanks in advance...

Thank you diveman,

1. None of these will work. There are a number of people who asked about these Digital Copy files, and it's a lot of hassle to convert these.
This thread gives some more details.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/10453-dvds-come-digital-copy.html

2. The profiles set the options for the device, including screensize and conversion format. The difference in the profiles is basically the quality. The standard profile produces a good quality video file at a reasonable filesize, and converts fairly quick. The HQ and HQ2 profiles produce higher quality files but are considerably slower. The HQ2 profile uses a higher video bitrate, which will make the files look pretty much perfect.

The movies listed here

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/2168-what-movies-your-droid.html

are done with the HQ2 settings, however, for some people the quality is overkill.

I wrote something in regards of quality yesterday here

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...0629-watch-you-dvds-your-droid.html#post95008

which might help clear some things up as well.