DVD Catalyst

mikespe

Reaction score
Well I tried a store bought DVD that was one hour long and it finished within 2.5 hours which is right where everyone said it would. So I owe the creator of the software an apology. I just need to figure out how to get these other DVDs that I burned converted to the computer without taking 3 days for each one to finish!

Thank you!

D

dvdcatalyst

Well I tried a store bought DVD that was one hour long and it finished within 2.5 hours which is right where everyone said it would. So I owe the creator of the software an apology. I just need to figure out how to get these other DVDs that I burned converted to the computer without taking 3 days for each one to finish!

Thank you!

No need for an apology, I completely understand.
If you can provide me with some more info on those DVDs, or even send me a copy of one, I'll gladly get it working for you.

We might want to continue this by email though, this is a Droid forum after all. :)

JTAC

Reaction score
I might have the slowest laptop around and I can encode 4-5 DVDs per day. As we speak I am uploading 4 Star Wars movies to my Mega Upload account.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Anyone here try Handbrake? I'm curious as to how it compares to Catalyst.

There are quite a few posts in regards of people using Handbrake, just use the search at the top right, and you will find most of them.
Thank you for your response, I'm am fully aware of that and appreciate the other peoples responses to my question. Silly me I'm sorry to have wasted you time.

D

dvdcatalyst

Thank you for your response, I'm am fully aware of that and appreciate the other peoples responses to my question. Silly me I'm sorry to have wasted you time.

Oh, no worries,

its just that there are a lot of questions asked that have been asked a couple of times before. Before I wrote my response, I did do a quick search for Handbrake, and there were just too many of them to actually include them

People have gotten mixed results from Handbrake. If you do want to give it a shot, I would recommend to use an older version than the recent release. While the newer version has been said to be faster, the developers have made some major changes, including removal of support for non-apple devices.

In general, with any DVD application (including handbrake) that does not have a Droid profile build-in, start with the standard iPhone/iPod Touch profile, and see if it produces a workable file. From there adjust the settings to fit your needs for the Droid. 854x480 (or 848x480) resolution, 700 kbps video as a minimum.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thank you, I really didn't care for interface on Catalyst, but will retry it since it supports the Droid format better.

D

dvdcatalyst

Thank you, I really didn't care for interface on Catalyst, but will retry it since it supports the Droid format better.
LOL
The interface. Thats a tough one. :mad:
The initial design is the main reason. I wanted a 1-click interface, while still providing as many options and stuff as I could think of.

I'm always open for suggestions though.:)

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So with the Free version you cannot adjust any higher res. than the iPhone 480x320?

D

dvdcatalyst

So with the Free version you cannot adjust any higher res. than the iPhone 480x320?
DVD Catalyst Free is different from DVD Catalyst 3 (there is a trial of 3 though), and does not have any configuration options. The Blackberry Curve profile (as well as the Bold) have a slightly higher resolution, and also generate Droid compatible files.

The Free version is slower with DVD conversions though.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Ok thanks, I will try the trial and if it works upgrade. I take it that it's a digital download?

serum153

Reaction score
Hey Catalyst. I am using your program for my droid and I just got my wife the Eris. Are you going to update it for default Eris settings? Also in the meantime, which setting would be the best? Since the Eris is smaller can your program turn my droid mp4 files and convert them to a format for the Eris without me putting in the dvd?

D

dvdcatalyst

Hey Catalyst. I am using your program for my droid and I just got my wife the Eris. Are you going to update it for default Eris settings? Also in the meantime, which setting would be the best? Since the Eris is smaller can your program turn my droid mp4 files and convert them to a format for the Eris without me putting in the dvd?

The one profile I wanted to add and forgot, sorry about that.
Based on the specs, I suggest to try the Apple iPhone profiles.
These files will also play on your Droid, but of course lower quality. With any luck the Droid files might play on the Eris
HTC Droid Eris Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

edit: yes, you can reconvert the files you have for the Eris. In addition, you can add another device to DVD Catalyst (pick your droid profile, click on modify, click the add button on the right, change it to the iPhone profile) which will have dvdcat convert everything you convert from then on to both devices. You can also save this as a profile, and then save another profile with just your Droid profile in it, so you can switch easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

unknownflip

Reaction score
first off i wanna say i love dvd catalyst it's the best but i am having one small problem with converting a certain format. The file i'm trying to convert is a .m2ts, the file will convert and the video will play but there's no sound? i thought maybe it was just that one file but i downloaded 3 other .m2ts files and they converted just fine video is excellent but no sound? How do i get the sound working for .m2ts files?

Last edited: