DVD Catalyst 3 issue

segen77

Reaction score
I'm trying the free version right now to see how it works. it doesn't have the droid, but it does have an iphone at 480x320, so we will see how that looks. It seems to only copy at 1x. anyone know how much faster the pay version is for ripping DVD?

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm trying the free version right now to see how it works. it doesn't have the droid, but it does have an iphone at 480x320, so we will see how that looks. It seems to only copy at 1x. anyone know how much faster the pay version is for ripping DVD?

It differs per computer system you use it on, as well as the profile. Due to the Droid having a bigger screen (and thus a higher quality setting) it will be slower than the iPhone profile. If you use the HQ profile, (which is what JTAC uses for his movies in another thread on these forums) it will be even slower.

But, if you use the iPhone profile in DVD Catalyst 3, which compares directly to the iPhone profile in DVD Catalyst Free, it usually is 1.5/2x as fast
And then there is of course the boosterpack as well.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use Act1 to watch movies....works well.

Reaction score
Loving DVD Cat 3

SO WORTH THE $10!! Guys, it is the best $ 10 you can spend on your phone. I have used Handbrake and Any Video Converter, and nothing comes close to what Mitch has done.

So easy to use! 10 of 10 video, 10 of 10 Audio!!

Thanks Mitch!

D

dvdcatalyst

SO WORTH THE $10!! Guys, it is the best $ 10 you can spend on your phone. I have used Handbrake and Any Video Converter, and nothing comes close to what Mitch has done.

So easy to use! 10 of 10 video, 10 of 10 Audio!!

Thanks Mitch!

Thank you :)

A few days ago, I actually came to realize DVD Catalyst is almost 7 years old (well, not the name, but it's previous incarnations)

sagesdrum11

Reaction score
Seeing how this post is pretty fresh, I have a quick question. With DVD catalyst does it automatically put subtitles on the movies? I just purchased it and wasn't sure

D

dvdcatalyst

Seeing how this post is pretty fresh, I have a quick question. With DVD catalyst does it automatically put subtitles on the movies? I just purchased it and wasn't sure

Not automatically by default, however you can select them yourself if they are available.
It is possible to set DVD Catalyst up to ALWAYS use subtitles of a certain language if they are available. You can do this in Global Settings (language tab)

There are a few more tricks you can do with audio language/subtitle selections there as well. Also Closed Captions can be enabled there.