Dust underneath the screen!

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
I just noticed that a couple of little specs of dust are underneath my screen. Have any of you had this issue? Is there anyway to prevent something like this or is it just something we have to live with? It's not a big deal, since I can really only notice them on a black screen, but I just wonder how much worse it's going to get as time goes on. Thanks for your thoughts concerning this.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I had that problem with my D2G. I thought it was inevitable, but I did a little research and found out that some folks were able to trade their phones in for replacements due to this. Apparently, it was considered a manufacturing defect (there shouldn't have been enough space for dust to get under the screen). By the time I looked into it, though, my warranty was up and I figured I'd be SOL. I could've tried my luck, but it wasn't a huge deal to me, either.

I ended up with dust in the upper-right corner and that was it. It never did get worse, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have, I guess.

Go to a Verizon store and try pleading your case for a replacement, especially if you're still under warranty.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

McBowfles

Reaction score
This must be something in Moto's manufacturing process. My original razr did it, and my D2G did it as well. Hopefully now that I have a D3 it won't happen, but I have a feeling it will.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This must be something in Moto's manufacturing process. My original razr did it, and my D2G did it as well. Hopefully now that I have a D3 it won't happen, but I have a feeling it will.
/begin facetious comment

Make sure you never, ever, ever remove your D3 battery door. If you see the dust, lint, and small insects that have already accumulated under the cover, you'll get instant gray hair. ;)

/end facetious comment

-Matt