Dust under the glass

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Lol OK, just keep believing that dust is getting vibrated out :)

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the problem here is that the app, while it can remove dust from the speakers, won't remove the dust under the glass, which the OP has. gsDroid's suggestion about the mild vacuum sounds good.

Last edited:
OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Must be some seriously dusty pockets! I keep mine in my pocket and it's clean as a whistle.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Hahahaha, well I don't think they are, but the specks are there. :-(

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Yeah same here, my OG Droid was in my pocket at least 9hrs a day everyday at work for 2 yrs, now my Bionic is going through the paces and have never had a issue out of either.

Also I live in the Midwest, nothing but cornfields and country around here, dusty as can be and still my phones r good.

Aaarrrggghhh, then what the heck is it? :-(

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Why is it that some people on this forum when answering to the forums never help? They just state that its not happening to them without addressing the issue at hand. SMH. To the original poster with the question. There is a app that vibrates your speakers and plays a certain frequency that shakes the debri from your speakers as that is most likely where it is getting in at. I use it ever couple of weeks for all my past and current devices snd have had no problems. Its called android speaker cleaner and its free. Try it, it works really well.

Thanks, I'll try it! There are not that many specks of dust in there yet, maybe this app will help to avoid more.

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Why can't we just get along? ;-) :p

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I agree that the only way to really remove the dust is to open the phone. I have no idea about the vibration method. I don't have a dust problem but that method may work for some. Just my opinion here but if you don't have any insurance and the warranty is up, I say go ahead and open it up.

If you were to crack your screen and don't want to send your phone out and get a replacement for $90-$100 you could just purchase a new screen from somewhere like repairs universe and switch out the screen yourself. They have videos of how to replace/repair phones. Youtube or google how to disassemble your phone.

You could open it up, clean off the dust and just reassemble the phone. Would verizon or whomever be able to tell if you did open up the phone? Like...is there some kind of label or special tape covering screws on the inside of the phone to keep you from tampering with it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
If you REEEEALLY feel like it's necessary to take your phone apart (which I don't recommend), ifixit.com has amazingly detailed walkthroughs for most popular phones, including the bionic.

endlezzdrift

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try it! There are not that many specks of dust in there yet, maybe this app will help to avoid more.

It just might work for you friend. I read the user reviews and it appears to be a good preventative practice. Working as a technician in the IT industry I can safely assume that its a good possibility there will be tamper screws or security tape that can be easily identified if manipulated in some way. Regardless, good luck with whatever you decided to do. Its a great device (my best yet after rooting, freezing) and I can understand not wanting dust under that gorgeous screen :).

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the tips and comments.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I really don't understand how you guys manage to get dust under the screen. I, too, had the OG, and I kept it past my upgrade date, and never had anything like that.. Then again, the right half of the touch screen stopped working in its final days. But the only problems with dust I have is that it's wedged in between the corner of the screen and the frame of the Bionic.

jhom

Reaction score
Have you tried calling customer service or going to a Verizon store and see if they will replace your phone. It may be allowed under warranty as a manufacturer defect.

bamafan39

Reaction score
i cracked my screen and replaced it myself ever since i have to take my phone apart and clean the screen about once a month. its easy to do it just sucks i have to keep doing it!

Phoenixk

Reaction score
I cover my glass with a Zagg shield and experience no problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jmc23200

Reaction score
Lol OK, just keep believing that dust is getting vibrated out :)

LOL. Hope the app was $.99 too.

As for the dust thing, it may not actually be dust. It may be the screen's adhesive. If moisture gets under the screen, it can weaken the adhesive and the screen will start to "lift", causing a dusty/sandy appearance. In that case, I would say it is defective. The manufacturer may call it physical damage.