Dust under the glass

lanza_david

Reaction score
So my OG droid ended up showing dust under the screen glass. Now my Bionic has started to show them too! Anyone? Any ideas? Can it be cleaned? Avoided?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
One tip to avoid dust under the screen is to not use compressed air to try and clean out openings on the phone. That is known to blow dust into the phone, not out of it. Use mild suction or sticky tape to carefully remove lint from the speaker screen.

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Thanks, I have not done that, but it makes sense now that you say it. I've just been wiping it out. It is a bummer that Moto does not make it tight enough to dust. I wonder if the new water resistant coating they are doing to the Razr is any different in regards to dust.

zirkdog

Reaction score
Do you keep your phones in your pocket?

+1...This

Day in and day out in a pocket with pocket lint, and the general beat down of life will get dust under the glass. Found this out with my first cell phone (Nokia) six years ago.

OP
L

lanza_david

Reaction score
Yes, I do carry it in my pocket. What do you guys do then?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep mine in a holster.

gsDroid

Reaction score
I keep mine in a nice Sena Cases leather sleeve. It's classy looking and protects the screen in my pocket.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Must be some seriously dusty pockets! I keep mine in my pocket and it's clean as a whistle.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Must be some seriously dusty pockets! I keep mine in my pocket and it's clean as a whistle.

Yeah same here, my OG Droid was in my pocket at least 9hrs a day everyday at work for 2 yrs, now my Bionic is going through the paces and have never had a issue out of either.

Also I live in the Midwest, nothing but cornfields and country around here, dusty as can be and still my phones r good.

endlezzdrift

Reaction score
Why is it that some people on this forum when answering to the forums never help? They just state that its not happening to them without addressing the issue at hand. SMH. To the original poster with the question. There is a app that vibrates your speakers and plays a certain frequency that shakes the debri from your speakers as that is most likely where it is getting in at. I use it ever couple of weeks for all my past and current devices snd have had no problems. Its called android speaker cleaner and its free. Try it, it works really well.

tennvol

Reaction score
So your telling me if I have dust under my glass I can use this app to vibrate my speakers and clean the dust out.... interesting.?

endlezzdrift

Reaction score
No sir..... In order to remove dust from under the glass you will have to open your device, voiding your warranty. My suggestion prevents it from happening in the first place by keeping the area clean where 90% of the dust enters in the first place.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Why is it that some people on this forum when answering to the forums never help? They just state that its not happening to them without addressing the issue at hand. SMH. To the original poster with the question. There is a app that vibrates your speakers and plays a certain frequency that shakes the debri from your speakers as that is most likely where it is getting in at. I use it ever couple of weeks for all my past and current devices snd have had no problems. Its called android speaker cleaner and its free. Try it, it works really well.

Because if a bunch of people state something is not happening to theirs and his is the only one maybe he has a defective device...... DUH????? SMH as well....

In this case I wouldn't say its defective, I'm just saying its nice for people to post if their having any issues and that app u mentioned I highly doubt works wonders. I wasn't born yesterday. Dust on ur car doesn't even fly off when ur going 60 down the highway but vibration sure cleans it out.

Last edited:

endlezzdrift

Reaction score
You sir are an ass hat..... period...