durden 2.2 is almost here

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by tiggerxplur, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think your reading to far into it mad...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. gonnadie4thegov

Ratings:
    +0
    The site has been down for like a week

And at this point i think durden 2.2 actually dropping is unlikely. The site has been down and when it was up it was rarely updated. They never even dropped an official 2.1 rom. And it seems that no one has any info reguarding them

Sucks too cause SM then DM were my first roms and i used SMUpdater to originally root my droid. Loved the stability but i grew tired of all other roms advancing past so i jumped ship. Now i try all the major devs roms here and there. But I was with CM throughout 2.1 and have jumped from Jrummy, to Chevy, and now im on Pete's waiting for CM6 to drop. If DM ever gets another rom out ill def try it, but im not getting my hopes up.

3. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    Patients is a virtue few poses these days. The site was up last night so gonnadie4thegov is mistaken on that note. The DM devs hav stated multiple times they are on a no deadline release date, they are building completely from source, and want to get a functioning product not a buggy half finished one. Its not an if they release, its just a when. And that question won't have an answer till they are happy with their work.

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    ^^^ Yes, very true. I personally get tired of flashing a new rom twice a day. I don't see what the big deal is. I prefer to find one that 'just works' and keep it for as long as I can. I used DroidMod 1.0 until 2.1 came out, then I did do a flashing 'frenzy' until I settled on CM 5.0.6.2. Kept it until the froyo leak and now I'm on Sapphire 0.6.2 and will probably stay on it until CM 6.x.x.x and even then might revert back. I only like to change roms if there is some significant new feature that my phone doesn't currently have.

On another note, I am having a very bad feeling about DroidMod. I am thankful that I did a repo sync on their git last night, because everything on the 'net to do with them is now gone. The site, the forum, the IRC channel, their git repo, and their gerrit. It doesn't look good to me from where I sit. I've put out a couple of feelers to see what's up, but so far no response.

5. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the community will be fine without them if these assumptions are true. They contributed in the beginning, but 99% of users have moved on to using other dev's work.

6. nmiltner

nmiltner Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Unless they're changing everything to be branded durden instead of droidmod. Just being optomistic

7. nmiltner

nmiltner Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    #droidmod is still active on irc. I don't think there is cause for worry

8. gonnadie4thegov

Ratings:
    +0
    You sure about that? Droidmod is in my list of sites i visit everyday and for the past week or so all i get is "looking up droidmod" then get the error "cannot contact server" and that means 90% of the time the site no longer exsists or someone didnt pay the bill

And ok they are building from source, just like everyone else. And they wanna release a rom with no problems. Why can other Devs do that within 2 days or so of a source release and they cant? I understand the "rumors" of all they are trying to do with the rom features and tools with sprecovery. Features are great, but what good is it when you took so long that everyone forgot who you where?

Like i said before, i want a new Droidmod but i stopped holding my breath in april and settled in CM for 2.1 and have been jumping around the 2.2 roms and im sitting on BB v.03 now most likely until CM6 drops.

Yeah basically repeat what i said above

9. nmiltner

nmiltner Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Until today I've had no problem with their site.
    As far as your other devs comment, as far as I can tell anlo sapphire has released one from source without problems. And that has had its updates to get it right.

Droidmod and cyanogen get it right before they release. That is why we haven't seen anything from either team. I think cyanogen will get there first just due to experience, but when dm does release. I bet it'll be great. If all you can do is bash, then just be happy with your buggy beast and flash every other day to fix your issues.

10. joshnichols189

Ratings:
    +0
    the site was deff up last night and there was deff three or so updates in june alone.. id on't know what everyone is talking about

11. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    with the droid mod site down this could be a good thing

as they may be a good thing they could be changing the interface of the site & or prepping for the durden 2.2 release so i was on it last night so they are most likely doing site maintance or it could be a issue with there hosting service

12. gonnadie4thegov

Ratings:
    +0
    wow you read well. i said ive been jumping the 2.2 roms as they came out, but am waiting for CM6. And i don't jump because of bugs or problems. I went to SS to get the smoked glass theme but hated the blue so im on Pete's now to also get the smoked glass theme but with stock colors.

For the third time in thread i will say i went through all the SM updates to DM and ran it through march when the good 2.1 roms dropped and i went to CM.

And i def havent seen the site up in like a week, like i said i check about once a day. It may have been up last night but it was july 4th so i had better things to do then sit online

#36 gonnadie4thegov, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010