1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Duplicate text messages

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Jeff726, May 17, 2010.

1. Jeff726

Jeff726 New Member

Periodically I get my text messaged duplicated. The same message comes in 2 times, usually at the same time. Does anyone else have this? Is it a known issue?
  2. Serpico

Serpico DF News Team Premium Member Premium Member

Same here - I will get duplicate SMS messages every once in a while. I have also been told I am sending duplicates on occasion.

I think this happens when an SMS is incoming and outgoing at the exact same time (which can occur during a busy conversation) - since you can't send and receive simultaneously the OS appears to attempt to reprocess the message that didn't receive priority - and appears to end up duplicating the message somehow. Maybe it queues it and then "resends" it - thus duplicating??

I don't know - simply a guess based on an observation that I seem to get duplicates when I am told my delivery failed "would you like to retry sending".
  3. srothkin

srothkin New Member

I had it happen but only on messages text messages from NYAlert (all other sources were/are fine). NYAlert insists they're not sending duplicates.

Ultimately I resolved the issue by configuring NYAlert to send me email notifications (which have more detail anyway) instead of text messages. Thanks to Gmail push notification, this is as good as text for quick pokes ;)
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

i think this is more an issue people have with verizon and not just the droid
  5. Ambulance Dude

Ambulance Dude New Member

The only time I recieve double messages are when they are sent from an email account. Like at work our supervisors send out emails to go to our alpha pagers, but I reconfigured mine just to send it to my phone because I hate to wear my pager on my day off.
  6. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

I get two when my wife sends me a text. One shows up as coming from the contact name I set in my phone, and the other comes as her phone number. But when I go and look at my history it only shows the the threads with her contact name. It's strange when I look and it says I have multiple texts only to have one as a dup, but at least it isn't saving both.
  7. naman919

naman919 New Member

I have constant issues with sending duplicates. I seem to send the same text twice (immediately) almost 25% of the time. Doesn't depend on ROM either.

I'm assuming this is a verizon thing?

Also, just had one come in THREE times (all at once) from my girlfriend who has a 5 year old flip phone.

whaaaaaaaaaaa......?
Search tags for this page
what does a duplicate text mean
what does a duplicate text message mean

what does duplicate message mean

what does duplicate message mean on text messages

what does duplicate text message mean

what does it mean when a text message says duplicate
what does it mean when a text says duplicate
what does it mean when a text says duplicate message

what does it mean when you get a duplicate text message

what does it mean when you get a text that says duplicate