1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Duplicate Social Servies in Account Menu

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by CurGeorge8, Jan 27, 2012.

1. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

Anyone else have a situation like this in the 'add a new account' area?

View attachment 46469

I have two icons for both Facebook and Twitter. Not sure when, or how, this happened exactly. I have been noticing some significant performance issues with the Facebook app (takes 15-20 seconds to load regardless of connection type). After stumbling upon this, I wonder if it has something to do with it. If I click on the FB icon that has a check next to it, it says account already active, only one FB acct allowed at a time. The other FB icon does nothing.

Any thoughts on this, or a possible resolution?
  2. B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister Member

I have two as well. I believe one it's stock work your phone and that is what enables the notifications in your status bar, the other is because you have three Facebook Android application installed. I don't use the Android Twitter app, i use TweetCaster, so i only have the os twitter there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

One is the Moto Blur implementation, and one is from the individual apps you've installed. Yet another example of MotoBloat. :)
  4. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

Well ... thats lame. Especially because both the Facebook and Twitter apps offer notification anyway.
  5. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

Will my contacts still sync with facebook and twitter if I don't use the motoblur integration, and just use the dedicated twitter and facebook application?
  6. Scribble

Scribble New Member

If I remember correctly it only lets you select the motobloat ones to sync with contacts et al. :(
  7. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

Well ... I removed both the twitter and facebook account, my phone rebooted and now it's just locked up. Won't connect to the radio. Tried a battery pull, tried letting it wait, nothing.

Ugh.
Search tags for this page

2 different facebook accounts on droid razr

add facebook account to social sharing account in droid x2

add facebook account to tweetcaster

facebook new account icon

type of social app