Duplicate email and contact icons on home page

samredman

Reaction score
I am seeing two email and two contact icons on my home screen. I also have a gmail icon, plus the two email icons). The gmail is not one of the duplicates. Does any one know how to delete the additional email and contact icons? They are identical if clicked on. Looks strange and takes up real estate.

Stigy

Reaction score
Press and hold the extra icons.

The app drawer will turn into a trash can icon.

Drag the extra icons over it and they will be removed from the home sccreen.

OP
samredman

samredman

Reaction score
Thanks Stigy. That was a great tip. It worked perfectly. I might add one thing to what I observed when I followed your instructions... that apps drawer tab and the icon I was moving both turned red the moment the trash can showed and I had to release the one which I was moving while the red was showing to make it disappear. I am collecting a listing of all of these "obscure" techniques, which I am slowly learning mostly from this board, but some which I have "discovered" just by trial and error. When my list gets to be about 30 or so "must have" techniques I plan to put it on a text site I subscribe to and post a link to it.

When I first heard that Verizon was scheduling classes on this product, I wondered what was that about... now I know, the various tools are rather arcane and many are simply not intuitively deduced. Thank goodness for this board.

cw330

Reaction score
I have the same duplicate icon problem, but the technique you describe doesn't work for me. I hold the icon down and drag it over the app drawer until they're both red. The icon does disappear, but when moving from the home page to the next page with icons, the duplicate is still there.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
I have the same problem as above. I drag the duplicate icon to the red trash can, but the second icon does not leave my home screen. Thanks in advance for a solution. WolfpackRon.

OP
samredman

samredman

Reaction score
It takes a bit of practice... you need to be sure to release the moment both are showing red and not linger. I had similar results to what you describe way back when I started and after I got the technique... all has gone perfectly ever since.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Still no luck. I am holding the icon and dragging it to the trash. Just as both turn red I let go. I have tried waiting a long time and every amount of time between a very short time. I may not be holding my mouth right. WolfpackRon.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Still no luck. I am holding the icon and dragging it to the trash. Just as both turn red I let go. I have tried waiting a long time and every amount of time between a very short time. I may not be holding my mouth right. WolfpackRon.

Reboot, then try it. If that doesn't work, perhaps you have loaded a home page app?

wolfpackron

Reaction score
I cut it off and rebooted I think. It fixed my problem. I had removed the battery to install an Invisible Shield on the screen. That probably caused my dups. I had dups on Weather Channel, Stopwatch, Iheart Radio and Yellowbook. Thanks, WolfpackRon.