Dungeon Defenders $.99

beneharris

Reaction score
its on sale for a dollar right now, and it is extremely tempting to try, although i have a droid 1. now i'm overclocked, so i wonder if it would run any better considering that. for a dollar it is almost worth trying, i just think the RAM requirements will really be the kicker.

has anybody tried it on a droid 1?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Cor3yS

Reaction score
I got a Droid 1 and I've played pocket legends and zenonia demo and they run fine so u should be good. I've been looking at this game so tell me how it is

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
I think this is supposed to be much more resource intensive than those.

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
No, it won't run on the droid 1. It doesn't matter your processing power, there's not enough RAM. The game takes 256mb of ram and your phone has that much. But it's also running a phone.. So there's no way for it to run the game. There is however a way to run the game on a droid 1. Go figure.

I forgot where it is but there's a guide showign you how to install a certain something using clockwork (gotta be rooted) and what it basically does is something about loading all the resources onto your sdcard and then dedicating your phone to the game. If someone calls you then it freezes and you gotta restart the phone. As you can imagine it;s not possible to multi task with this method. But it works.

lalalala

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I picked it up and got it working on my D1 - however, the caveat is that your kernel NEEDS to support a swap file to begin with, or it will not work. From there, you download a swap file app from the market (the tutorial recommends "Swapper 2" but I had no luck with it, I used "Swapper for root" with a 256MB swap size).

For me, it was worth 99 cents even if it needs a workaround to run; JUST to SEE the Unreal engine running on my D1. Just the fact that the chipset itself is capable of running it is amazing in and of itself. I do have mine overclocked to 1.2GHz though.

For reference, I am running stock FRG83D with root and a Slayher 1.2GHz kernel.

Here are the D1 instructions:

How to play Dungeon Defenders on your Motorola Droid / Milestone (requires root))

mgeringer

Reaction score
No, it won't run on the droid 1. It doesn't matter your processing power, there's not enough RAM. The game takes 256mb of ram and your phone has that much. But it's also running a phone.. So there's no way for it to run the game. There is however a way to run the game on a droid 1. Go figure.

I forgot where it is but there's a guide showign you how to install a certain something using clockwork (gotta be rooted) and what it basically does is something about loading all the resources onto your sdcard and then dedicating your phone to the game. If someone calls you then it freezes and you gotta restart the phone. As you can imagine it;s not possible to multi task with this method. But it works.

lalalala

Yes, that is how you do it, and there is a guide for it someplace. However, doing so DRAMATICALLY reduces the lifespan of your SD card. So do so at your own risk (like all android fun).

Cor3yS

Reaction score
Usually if I can't it free off 4shared I'm not paying for it. Don't feel like wasting my money on something my phone can't handle and another cool game I saw is spectral souls but $15 nope

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can certainly get it to run on your original Motorola Droid:

www.droidgamers.com • View topic - How to play Dungeon Defenders on a Droid or Milestone

The steps are all in there and I play it every day on my original Droid, running UD2.5 overclocked at 1.25ghz.

I already posted the link on how to get it working about 5 posts above.

Why is it that people refuse to actually read the threads? :rolleyes:

(By the way, this isn't directed to you; Varking - it's directed to the folks that completely missed my post and made it necessary for you to provide the link as well. In your case, kudos for having the patience to provide the link; hopefully with it in here twice people won't keep asking)

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
whose kernals have a swap built into them? that doesn't really seem like something they normally advertise.