dumb question..

tw15egan

Reaction score
could be a completly noob question, and I'm sure it is... but how do you keep your contacts if I want to flash a new ROM? all of mine are saved to phone unfortunately...

shadowMOD in particular

warrior21

Reaction score
Your contacts are saved on your google account. As long as the sync box is checked they will always come back after flashing a new ROM

Sent from my Droid

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for the google method.

However, just to note, you can also import/export from the SD card (and then to your computer) by hitting menu in the contacts list and choosing the option.

It is entirely what I would consider to be a secondary backup, as using google to do it is automatic and requires no energy on your part other than to install google apps and marke on your new ROM.

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score
well yeah, but they aren't saved to google, saved to phonme. any way to transfer?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you sync with google it transfers contacts on phone, at least mine did as I had double of ask of them. Backup assistant is now free to use as a plan c

wified from my Incredible monolith using SlideIT on Tapatalk

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score
Thanks guys! got em all backed up, and now I am officially obsessed with my newly rooted phone lol!! Love SHadowMOD!