Dumb question: Text msging avatar pic

Arakaine

Reaction score
Hey, I used to have a picture of myself whenever I sent a text to people but since I got the Froyo update, it's just a blank picture of the Droid robot. How can I get that picture back so I can differentiate between my texts and people with blank avatars? Thanks.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not positive but I believe the messaging uses the contact information. Do you have your photo attached to your contact info?

Mike

OP
A

Arakaine

Reaction score
I didn't add myself to Contacts prior to Froyo and still had a picture there beside the texts I send out. I'm going nuts trying to figure this out but I guess I'll add myself even though I don't want to, lol.

eliassami5

Reaction score
it uses your gmail account picture. Go to your gmail on a computer and go to settings, and there on the first screen that pops up you should see a section called my picture and it will allow you to set one.

Edit: or so i thought..it still might but i just changed my gmail pic and nothing happened on my phone. Might take a while to sync but i manually tried syncing and nothing happened. I removed my contact pic and still didnt sync. So i just changed my contact pic and it worked fine.