Dumb question about emails and factory reset

makinascene

Reaction score
I have been using one gmail account for my whole phone, but it is through my university and will expire soon. Im using a different gmail account now, which I put on my phone. I can get emails, but the rest of the phone is still linked to the old one. It says in order for me to switch over (for google talk, etc) I need to do a factory reset.

Now factory reset will remove all data from the phone, but what exactly does that entail? Contacts, texts, pictures, apps?

So two questions I guess, if you have insight into the email thing id appreciate it.

TIA

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

StingRay

Reaction score
Any gmail email, contacts, apps. etc. associated with your Google account will be restored to your phone (current or new) once you sign back in...either after your factory reset or if you get a new phone and sign in...

A factory reset will delete all of that, but is "saved" on your Google account and will be restored on whatever device you sign into....if you sign in with your new Google (Gmail) account, then that data associated with that account will be restored onto the device...

Anything on your sd (mini) card will not be deleted with a factory reset...

Hope that helps...

Last edited:

kingvold

Reaction score
good question Wendy. I'm looking too. I DO know how to function in places like this although not an expert.

This is an awful site, poorly designed.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
good question Wendy. I'm looking too. I DO know how to function in places like this although not an expert.

This is an awful site, poorly designed.

What? This site looks like most other forums out there. It's just fine. There's a big New Thread button at the top of each forum subcategory. Maybe you need a minimum number of posts to create a thread?

OP
M

makinascene

Reaction score
What info is stored on the sd card? Will I lose my contacts and pictures?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

StingRay

Reaction score
Anything on your mini sd card is left alone during a factory reset....as far as contacts, those are stored on your phones hard drive....unless you've moved your pictures to your mini sd card, they may also be on the hard drive...just depends where you told them to save...

My suggestion would be to download "Astro File Manager"from the Android Market and take a look to see where everything is stored on your phone before you do a factory reset...