Dumb newbie question

Moparcrazy

Reaction score
I have never really been a part of a forum. I don't know were to start. I have a question about getting my motor Droid to work with Facebook games. I don't know were to post or how to go about getting start. This is almost my first time posting. Help please with some info on getting started.

Ataranine

Reaction score
If your Droid has FroYo, the newest build of Android (2.2), it should have Adobe Flash. Adobe Flash should enable you to play flash games. However, I think most flash games right now are mouse-gesture based and might not do too well on the phone.

Unless you're playing a text based game like Street Racing or something like that.
In order to check and see if it works, just open Facebook in the browser and make sure you're viewing the full site and not Mobile, which can be selected at the bottom of the page.

OP
M

Moparcrazy

Reaction score
follow up

I have 2.2 and I have the flash installed but when I go to the Facebook games it loads the game almost all the way and right at the end when the game starts to place my things the browser crashes and it just goes back to my main screen.

Ataranine

Reaction score
I have 2.2 and I have the flash installed but when I go to the Facebook games it loads the game almost all the way and right at the end when the game starts to place my things the browser crashes and it just goes back to my main screen.
That's happened to me a few times... try downloading Skyfire from the Market and trying it in that browser.

OP
M

Moparcrazy

Reaction score
I tried the skyfire and it did the same thing. It will load the main game and then when it start to so my frontier it close the browser and takes me back to the main screen. I am think that maybe there is something wrong with the flash since it is doing the same thing with both browsers. Were can down load a new flash player? I had to force the install on the flash player.

OP
M

Moparcrazy

Reaction score
I tried skyfire and it did the same thing. Sorry for the double post I didn't see that it posted my first.

OP
M

Moparcrazy

Reaction score
othe flash site dont work

I have been to othe flash sites and it does the same thing with them all. It will work for a very little while (with other site) and then the broswer closes and goes back main screen.

And no my phone is not rooted. I am afraid to root.

OP
M

Moparcrazy

Reaction score
Phone might be defective?

I am getting fed up with this moto droid. I think that this new froyo is junk and my phone is junk. In a 12 hour period I have been using my phone a lot but on the web it keeps shutting down the browser. It has probably shut it down about 15 to 20. This is not just on facebook. It seems to happen more on facebook (desktop site and not playing games just viewing my wall and accepting gifts). It is doing it with sandard browser and skyfire. I didn't have this kind of problem with android 2.1. Also I have notice that it seams my phone have been getting hot also. It show about 108 or so for battery temp. I don't know where it is getting temp but the phone gets hot on the left side (when in landscape mode) just under the camera. I am fed up and want to just smash the phone when I am just try to cruise the intnet now on my phone. Any help. Pleeeeeeease.