Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
That's what I see everything as now, a babysitter. I overheard some friends discussing what to do with their kids on a 7 hour car ride once their kids watch the movies they have in the media station. Their minivan has 4 screens, headsets, etc. Holy crap! If we could watch movies while driving down the road back then. There wouldn't be a couple of scars on my body. Kids getting tablets at 2 years old. How about Lincoln logs and let them figure out the square peg doesn't go into the round hole, without a hammer.

I see it even worse at the local soccer club. A bunch of moms sitting in their cars with the AC blasting, while their kids (in Florida mind you) are outside (including my son) working out and having fun. They are basically using SOCCER as a babysitter which, in my opinion, is just as bad. I'm out there with my son and playing with them and always get involved. My kid loves soccer and having fun! Why not enjoy it with him? It sickens me and my wife every time we go when we see everyone's car's running and pushing more heat into the air just for some damn AC so they don't have to be outside with their kids. It's that same mentality when I see parents outright ignore their kids and shove other stuff in their face like technology and whatnot. I don't really blame kids for getting addicted...look at how they're treated.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The soccer moms have to text their boyfriends somewhere so the dad's don't see it. Duh!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My boy does Tae Kwan Do. I see it there too. I sit in the class and watch him. 15 students ..3 parents in the room and 20 empty chairs. The rest are in the main waiting area on tablets and phones. One guy sits in his truck with the AC on and the radio, I assume.
My boy will only be 5 once and I'm not missing a minute of it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

k1601

Reaction score
I'm 21 and I still get made fun of when younger cousins come to visit mom gets my old Legos out, and it never fails that within 10 minutes I'm the only one left playing with them! Although to there credit when they visit us on the farm they spend every minute they can outside playing with the dog, etc. Technology is creeping into everything, and I'm just as guilty of it as many. I used to read several books a month, and now I find myself perusing several forums I'm on. Or playing Pokemon!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm 21 and I still get made fun of when younger cousins come to visit mom gets my old Legos out, and it never fails that within 10 minutes I'm the only one left playing with them! Although to there credit when they visit us on the farm they spend every minute they can outside playing with the dog, etc. Technology is creeping into everything, and I'm just as guilty of it as many. I used to read several books a month, and now I find myself perusing several forums I'm on. Or playing Pokemon!

Have a kid. My stepson has been the best thing ever for keeping in touch with my inner child. I get to play with Transformers and Turtles and cars and all sorts of stuff. People give us remote controller cars and things that he's not really all that into using, but likes to watch run, so I get to drive them. ;)

k1601

Reaction score
Have a kid. My stepson has been the best thing ever for keeping in touch with my inner child. I get to play with Transformers and Turtles and cars and all sorts of stuff. People give us remote controller cars and things that he's not really all that into using, but likes to watch run, so I get to drive them. ;)
I think I'll hold off on the kid for a little while longer ;) the girlfriend still has a few years if school left lol

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Buying the "things" for the child like me buying tools for my wife... They're ours
;)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Problem with that theory, Johnny, he might have a girl. Then he's playing with "My Little Pony" instead of Optimus Prime. :D

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Problem with that theory, Johnny, he might have a girl. Then he's playing with "My Little Pony" instead of Optimus Prime. :D

Or dress up like the pretty pretty princess and have momma take your picture like Sajo
;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think I'll hold off on the kid for a little while longer ;) the girlfriend still has a few years if school left lol

Smart man. To be fair, the wife and I have 10 years on you.

I've met plenty of tomboys in my day that like playing with "boy" toys. Hell, my oldest sister was the son my dad always wanted. She's 13 years older than me an still held a couple sports records at our high school my senior year. After having a star athlete like her, I was able to play in the band. ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Or dress up like the pretty pretty princess and have momma take your picture like Sajo
;)
See, I share that stuff to Facebook. I don't even care. There's a picture somewhere where we went to tour an old mining village and I dressed up like an old school marm.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Sure, not trying to be sexist. Entirely possible to have a girl into Optimus, and Michaelangelo and crew...but odds are it's Little Pony Time.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
;)
Don't drag me into this "pretty princess" nonsense.