Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

A lot of people were excited for the launch of classic FPS game Duke Nukem 3D on Android. We’re glad to say we didn’t have to wait long for its arrival as it now sits in the Android market. And for $.99 no less, surely an attractive price tag to some of you who appreciate nostalgic gaming. Grab it here at the market. [Market]

Reaction score
DO NOT BUY This game as so many problems, it's not even worth the 99 cents Ads, that's right, ADS IN A PAYED APP, NO music, a lot of models missing, chairs, mirrors, pixels on items, not even the full game, only the first episode, this was a huge let down, I was really hoping to see a good Duke Nukem 3D game on the android =( But this truly is a SCAM, plus it's touch screen only, I was really hoping there would be support for Xperia Play controls, the touch screen controls are so hard and so broken to use =(

Last edited:

Heywood

Reaction score
DO NOT BUY This game as so many problems, it's not even worth the 99 cents Ads, that's right, ADS IN A PAYED APP, NO music, a lot of models missing, chairs, mirrors, pixels on items, not even the full game, only the first episode, this was a huge let down, I was really hoping to see a good Duke Nukem 3D game on the android =( But this truly is a SCAM, plus it's touch screen only, I was really hoping there would be support for Xperia Play controls, the touch screen controls are so hard and so broken to use =(

This is sooo true. I wasted a dollar:(

hatephil

Reaction score
Do developers come to these forums to pimp their P.O.S. apps? The reviews are terrible. OP should be banned for such a terrible recommendation.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Do developers come to these forums to pimp their P.O.S. apps? The reviews are terrible. OP should be banned for such a terrible recommendation.

I'm the OP and if you read the OP it's not a review, it's merely an announcement that it was in the market.

Reaction score
Do YOU come to these forums? If so then you should know that they announce when popular upcoming apps finally come out, no need to be so rude, good lord.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
For those who did buy it, I am sure updates will come and hope it turns out to be a more pleasurable game for you guys...

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Duke says: "No ads!".
We listened - here is a new version with no ads - update now!
Episode 1 included, episodes 2 and 3 can be purchased for 99c each

From the market.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ads wasn't the only issue although a big one. However, this is a great start

beerme

Reaction score
It's actually a good port imo. People need to consider the following before calling it a bad game...

- It's a game from 1996, so obviously GFX will be outdated (it's more for nostalgia)
- Default control setup is very weak because they made it over-sensitive. You can adjust them in the settings to make it easier to control.
- Similar to the above, make sure not to use dualstick controls because they don't function properly. The other setup works better after adjusting sensitivity.
- 99 cents only buys you the first episode and the remaining two have to be purchased in-game. That means 3 dollars for the game, which is not bad at all. I think people just feel deceived that the pricing scheme wasn't advertised more clearly.
- The developer removed the ads that were present at launch after complaints (shows willingness to listen to customers).
- It was just released, maybe they will work out bugs and release updates? This game got a lot of press, so I'm sure they want to keep their customers happy with this one.

You can view gameplay before you buy to judge for yourself:
[video=youtube;v8I04fRY-lM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8I04fRY-lM[/video]