Dual cores?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you actually have internet... you ask some silly questions... :-/

I do but i just recently heard about the google acquisition of moto. The droid bionic is my first moto device

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
I do but i just recently heard about the google acquisition of moto. The droid bionic is my first moto device

Aren't you the guy that made up that whole update path bs that was later proven wrong and disappeared into thin air? Lmao!!!

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score

I hope you don't love it as much as I did... I got the lapdock ... HD dock … car dock …. extended batteries (2) ... And cases.. all beause moto said unlocked bootloaders And ICS ... now I'm sitting here watching Samsung get cyanogen and bionic only got 400 people viewing the entire bionic forum.... its over and i just never saw it coming... i fell for it but i won't do it again

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
Yes sargentmajord you are in fact that person. Why dont you spend your time being more productive instead of starting bogus threads and playing moron on this forum? Ive seen all your posts and you are a sad sad man .... smh

kaylesworth

Reaction score
I hope you don't love it as much as I did... I got the lapdock ... HD dock … car dock …. extended batteries (2) ... And cases.. all beause moto said unlocked bootloaders And ICS ... now I'm sitting here watching Samsung get cyanogen and bionic only got 400 people viewing the entire bionic forum.... its over and i just never saw it coming... i fell for it but i won't do it again

+1

Fell for it too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
The Bionic "delay" has absolutely nothing to do with Gingerbread and its dual-core optimizations, or lack thereof. The original Bionic was a completely different phone, which was never released. The Bionic we see today is a device that was originally known as the "Motorola Targa"

As for dual-core optimized OSes, they mean little if the apps themselves aren't optimized. A single core has no problems running the OS, it's the apps that are power hungry. Things such as the additional graphics effects in games such as Riptide GP for dual-core and above processors show what dual-core optimized apps can do, even on OS that isn't fully multicore enabled. As long as the kernel is, it's all good. And a Linux kernel is multi CPU aware.

We're talking about two different things here... we knew about this targa switch early on and we had an expected release timeframe ... testers were posting pics with devices out there in the wild being evaluated... and then we had another long delay being blamed on Verizon for not approving the way the device performed... that's the delay I was referring to... just to be clear I was speculating... because none of these companies we deal with are going to be open and honest with us

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

For starters, why even say that? Why make someone, even if they are a troll, mad because of your bad experience? And what exactly did you guys fall for? I only heard very minor speculation about the Bionic having ICS on release or being unlocked. Follow any smartphone for a few months, it's nothing but rumors. All the leaked releases are evidence of that. If you're blaming the "device to rule them all" marketing campaign, but were then disappointed by the 4g networks inability to follow through, then you learned a lesson that marketing is marketing and they always have and forever will talk every product up like it's the best. Having worked in retail for almost 3 years, this is how you make a sale. IMO The Bionic is awesome, and is infinitely better than my Eris and x2. I seriously and sincerely think the VAST MAJORITY of people with connection issues are the ones on the forums, making it seem like a widespread issue when it's really not. Every person I know who has a Bionic, a good 7 or so after Xmas, report 0 data drops, OTHER than the national outages. I personally approached each one of them and probed them for information, almost TRYING to get them to admit to it. I never had any drops until just recently, and I certainly am not blaming the Bionic for it since it's happening on all 4g phones.

As for there only being 400 viewers, on droidforums, the phone is almost 5 months old now, and in the world of smartphones, that's hitting the 40-50 year old age range. So yeah it's not as popular as it was, but it's not really any different from other phones life span. The x2 was down to 250 or so only 2 months after release. It was rooted within a week of release and has had plenty of ROMs released. 901 made a lot of those incompatible, and since it's fairly new, they've had to redesign them.

I understand your frustration, I really do, but at this point just sitting in the corner venting that anger towards other people is just so old. Especially since updates are available which have fixed just about every issue. All the new phones since are now dealing with their issues. This is the cycle! Embrace it. So just be patient, take a few deep breaths, and before you know it CM9-15 will be on the Bionic. Also don't EVER buy anything from a Verizon employee other than the phone. All of that stuff is almost 50% cheaper online and two extended batteries is incredibly unnecessary. I also learned this the hard way. So if product wise is what you're referring to, then yeah that is a major rip off.

I don't want to come off as a prick, but coming on this forum since release date, there's just no point at complaining about old issues which aren't the norm. I didn't "fall" for anything and I have the same phone as you. Feel free to be angry about your issues, but don't force them down other people's throat. Ok, end rant which makes me look like an *** hole.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Well that was fun to watch.... but didn't address anything I was complaining about... I want my bionic unlocked as stated by Motorola... that was not speculation it was stated... there would be much more dev interest in an unlocked phone... and I want ICS as stated by Motorola … that was not speculation either

And after reading this entirely misguided rant... I don't think I was too crazy just stating a couple issues I have that drive us hard core customizers nuts....

You don't sound like an a-hole … you just sound like you missed the point... and you ain't comin from the same angle as me... no big deal

I don't have data drops
no OS issues...
the phone almost works as promised
I understand marketing... that's not what I fell for
I understand technology progress and how fast it moves... not my problem

Motorola dropped the ball with true open source... it's what got us all onboard with droid1... they made statements that we're misleading that kept me as a customer... now I wish I didn't do that... plain and simple... just my opinion... my opinion doesn't hurt nobody... done

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well that was fun to watch.... but didn't address anything I was complaining about... I want my bionic unlocked as stated by Motorola... that was not speculation it was stated... there would be much more dev interest in an unlocked phone... and I want ICS as stated by Motorola … that was not speculation either

And after reading this entirely misguided rant... I don't think I was too crazy just stating a couple issues I have that drive us hard core customizers nuts....

You don't sound like an a-hole … you just sound like you missed the point... and you ain't comin from the same angle as me... no big deal

I don't have data drops
no OS issues...
the phone almost works as promised
I understand marketing... that's not what I fell for
I understand technology progress and how fast it moves... not my problem

Motorola dropped the ball with true open source... it's what got us all onboard with droid1... they made statements that we're misleading that kept me as a customer... now I wish I didn't do that... plain and simple... just my opinion... my opinion doesn't hurt nobody... done

Ah I see, so then yeah, I was misguided lol. Those rants get you sometimes. Sorry about that. So fair enough. Admittedly I still don't remember an official Moto statement saying the bionic would be released with an unlocked bootloader as well as ICS. I do remember plenty of speculation on it though, and statements that Moto eventually wants to start unlocking them and that the Bionic will get ICS. With all the mergers and Android copyright suits going right now I wouldn't plan on unlocked bootloaders being the thing anytime soon though...

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
k1ngr4t;[URL="tel:1982419" said:
1982419[/URL]]Ah I see, so then yeah, I was misguided lol. Those rants get you sometimes. Sorry about that. So fair enough. Admittedly I still don't remember an official Moto statement saying the bionic would be released with an unlocked bootloader as well as ICS. I do remember plenty of speculation on it though, and statements that Moto eventually wants to start unlocking them and that the Bionic will get ICS. With all the mergers and Android copyright suits going right now I wouldn't plan on unlocked bootloaders being the thing anytime soon though...

you're right they never said they would release the bionic with these things.... moto's statement was they would unlock bootloaders at the end of the year where carriers permit... verizon has permitted HTC and samsung... and now moto doesnt wanna talk about it anymore... they also stated in october that the first devices would see ICS by the end of the year.... Droid 3 and Bionic were on that list... now it looks like we will wait till April or May for a broken moto blur version of ICS and they won't start unlocking until HTC and Samsung have stolen away half of the customers... probly too little to late by then...

don't get me wrong... i ain't mad at them like "they suck".... i'm mad at them like they're family and i see what's happening to them and i wish they would see it too... all it takes is for all these people to start talking bad and telling their friends etc... the world is a small place with all this internet connectivity and social networking going on....

the beginning of the end started for moto last year but i stood up for them over and over and over again thinking there was no way they would let that happen... i think it's too late now and i'm bummed because i'm so invested in their product... i hate the idea of switching to another company just because moto got out of touch with it's customer base that was driving it's market share..

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I must agree with king and his rant. You both are coming from different angles, but it still felt like everyone has to hate the phone or you assume they were tricked. No phone will ever live up to anyone's expectations because there will always be something better. That doesn't mean Moto tricked anyone, it means they are in business to make money.

Its all of us on here complaining that turn around and buy the newest phone at retail. we've created the "problems" that we then complain about. Ironic.

B

bens42608

Gingerbread does support dual cores... problem is.. it doesn't utilize them to their fullest potential and really split the load evenly... right now the second core on the bionic just handles user input... like scrolling and other touch screen input... also if you have the lapdock it handles a lot of the input from there also... like the keyboard and trackpad or even a USB mouse...

Download systempanel from the market and you can see both of your cores working... and how little the second core fires up... unless you have the lapdock where you will see it is used quite a bit more...

Wow that's amazing. I couldn't get core#2 to fire up no matter how hard I tried. When we get ICS is that core suddenly gonna come to life? Wouldn't that give us a HUGE difference in performance? Im getting kind of excited about this. Someone hurry up and explain how im wrong about this and how the bionic sucks and how u hate life for buying it b4 I sound too optimistic lol. TBH I don't see how this Bionic's performance could get any better. It already runs perfect... seriously all these complaints about the bionic are amazing to me. This thing has more power than I ever dreamed of a celly having a couple years ago. Besides for better batteries and ever-improving internet, what else do we need?

Last edited by a moderator:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Wow that's amazing. I couldn't get core#2 to fire up no matter how hard I tried. When we get ICS is that core suddenly gonna come to life? Wouldn't that give us a HUGE difference in performance? Im getting kind of excited about this. Someone hurry up and explain how im wrong about this and how the bionic sucks and how u hate life for buying it b4 I sound too optimistic lol. TBH I don't see how this Bionic's performance could get any better. It already runs perfect... seriously all these complaints about the bionic are amazing to me. This thing has more power than I ever dreamed of a celly having a couple years ago. Besides for better batteries and ever-improving internet, what else do we need?

That's weird you couldn't get it to show something … I've used that app to shut people up a million times and it works without fail...

And to answer your ICS question... nobody knows.... ICS "should" utilize both cores much more efficiently but you gadda remember it's up to Motorola how they build that update and what they do with the kernel etc... my fingers are crossed but Motorola doesn't exactly give a crap about customer support on older devices lately... I guess it just remains to be seen... :-/

B

bens42608

Edit:: i scrolled up and all of a sudden the 2nd core moved... then ran back to idle. -----That's true... and yeah I still can't get the 2nd core to budge on system panel. Its on 100% idle. I've tried opening games, videos, scrolling fast... 2nd core does not move

Last edited by a moderator:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
That's true... and yeah I still can't get the 2nd core to budge on system panel. Its on 100% idle. I've tried opening games, videos, scrolling fast... 2nd core does not move

Try a constant scroll up and down with the second core on screen... keep your finger on the screen and keep the screen moving until you see something... I swear to Droid it works