Dual Car Charging Thru Micro Adapter & Hub?

therock

Reaction score
I have a nice little Targus Ultra Mini ACH74US 4-Port USB Hub and a Belkin Micro Auto Charger.

I want to use the hub to have the Droid and a Motorola H700 ear bud connected at the same time to charge if need be but am wondering about the power output of the micro charger.
It is supposed to output 5V @ 1A. The H700 should not demand too much.

Anyone see a problem with it not being able to supply enough current both units simultaneously?

sarreq

Reaction score
the belkin adapter outputs a full amp, which if you use the targus mini hub without it's power supply, will be divided by 4 (250mA per port)

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score
the belkin adapter outputs a full amp, which if you use the targus mini hub without it's power supply, will be divided by 4 (250mA per port)

You are correct I guess. With the hub in the line and a Motorola H700 bluetooth on it the Droid battery icon shows no indication of charging.

jimnutt

Reaction score
The hub is most likely telling the Droid that it can't source the power it is requesting so the Droid doesn't even try. As I recall, USB ports must supply 100ma, but may supply 500ma (or more), it's all controlled by software. A dumb power supply can signal a device that it can supply >500ma but shorting the D+/D- pins on the USB connector.