DTMF tones

silver6054

Reaction score
Hi, having a sudden problem connecting to conference bridges in the states from the UK. This has worked perfectly the last several times I have been here in 2011, but now.... Basically, when I enter the conference passcode, such as 1234567, it tells me that "the passcode entered, 112303440567, is invalid" Something like that, some digits doubled, some new digits inserted. This happens when I use the US toll free numbers (such as 866-XXX-XXXX) to access the bridge. For some of these calls, there is a UK access number, then things work OK.
It also works if I use the AT&T calling card to access the conference bridge, but the cheapest and simplest way (direct dial!) is failing now.

My first thought was may be this is the OS update (last time here I was running .606) but another phone that worked before is failing in the same way, so I guess I am looking to see if anyway knows a generic fix or app for the D2G? Setting tones to Long from Normal doesn't seem to help

OP
S

silver6054

Reaction score
It appears to be something the carrier did. I put in a SIM from Orange, and it works fine. So.., off to the carrier!