DTMF tone length

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by lennyjaxn, Jun 17, 2011.

1. lennyjaxn

lennyjaxn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I apologize if this has been addressed. I searched and came up empty.

Is there a way on CM (and ROMs built on CM) to access the option to change DTMF tone length? My voicemail won't recognize short tones for my password.

2. lennyjaxn

lennyjaxn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After a bit of research it looks like a little over a month ago, in CM nightly 15, an edit was made to android_frameworks_base to force phones to always use short DTMF tones. My question is, is there a way I can edit android_frameworks_base (if that's even a file somewhere or section in a file) to undo this and use long tones? Or, can I install a different version of android_frameworks_base and keep the rest of the ROM? That seems like a big ol' conflict that wouldn't work, but what do I know?
    The workaround I'm using now is nandroid backup, load a stock FRG83G ROM, change the tones to long, check my messages, reboot into recovery, restore the nandroid backup. What a hassle to do this every day though! There HAS to be an easier way, aside from the obvious "Find a ROM that's not built on CM." I'm definitely getting closer to doing that, but it's also fun to solve things like this. Anyone?

3. emik9

emik9 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you manage to solve your problem? I have the same here...

4. mhubel

mhubel New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Although this may not be exactly what you would like to do. if the desire is to enter a string of digits to access a system after the number is called, I found a back door semi fix. Putting a pause between each digit may work but some systems will timeout. I found one can put in a pause after every 3 or 4 digits and systems still seem to be able to decode it yet the total pause length is not too bad.

5. BobCov

BobCov New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    S3
    This is my pet peeve about programming these days. People, for reasons unknown, just decide to remove, limit, rescind without any obvious reason. How can long touch tones hurt? If you don´t want a long touch tone, you just have to lift your finger. If it is disabled, it will not matter how long you press...you won´t get one. So what is the point of taking away something the user can totally control in the first place`?

Search tags for this page
android dtmf length
cyanogenmod dtmf
dtmf length
dtmf mode android
dtmf tones length
what are dtmf tones
what are dtmf tones android

what is dtmf mode on droid

what is dtmf tones android

what is dtmf tones on droid