DSP Manager Complaint

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I know its a bit of a childish complaint, & it mainly applies to those with larger fingers, I love the equalizer & the new "graph" way of setting it, I just wish it wasnt so darn small, Its a bit of a challenge for me to get it set exactly how I want it.

Other than that Im loving CM6 with 928Droids BlackGlass theme.

jrodizkool01

Reaction score
Same here. It rocks but its a little difficult to use my pinky finger and set it.

InfernoX51

Reaction score
Yea I just checked that out for the first time, nice concept but needs better implementation. I wouldn't mind if it were locked into landscape mode when you opened it either.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Kernel

Did I read that right in your sig. a 2ghz p3 kernel? wheres that located at?

Yea I just checked that out for the first time, nice concept but needs better implementation. I wouldn't mind if it were locked into landscape mode when you opened it either.

ronjr123

Reaction score
Can one find this as a stand alone and not a ROM. I could not find it in the market.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Can one find this as a stand alone and not a ROM. I could not find it in the market.

Ron,

It appears that the developer has decided rather than go the market route, he/she is developing at the source code level for other folks to incorporate into their roms. I started this thread back when the actual update file was available:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/68263-want-functioning-equalizer-rocks.html

I think the link will now just take you to the git hub. When I last checked, there was a V15 file available, but I think it was for Samsung devices. If you choose to install, you might have problems on a Droid. In order for the app to work, a couple of library files need to be replaced. This is certainly not just a straightforward install app or update.zip.

And to the op, yes, I like the concept, but the little bity teeny weeny graph and slider function is borderline unuseable for me. I think I still have the V14 files, and I might try an install when I get some time.

Craig

ronjr123

Reaction score
Craig thanks for the response. I read the entire link at the other forum and found an older version of it still available to install through. RM. This does make a difference to the listening enjoyment.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Ron,

You are very welcome, and I am pleased you found the older file version. No doubt that this is very useful app, and I am hoping further development will continue.

Craig

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Fur,

Were you able to install directly his new 15 version from the file on his dev. link, or just using his version in CM6? I am guessing the CM6 native, but just wondering.

Also, for everyone, you can set the left hand side of the sliding "tail" and drag straight across to reset back to base. Or drag in a diagonal to set the line.

Craig

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Fur,

Thanks. Yes, V14 was an update zip, but was not caveated with the info that it was for a samsung phone, as is the current zip file (v15). V14 was a combination of one application file and an audio file or two that had to be replaced. I was just curious if anyone had manually installed V15.

I have my CM6 running pretty well right now, and I might fiddle with the V14 install after I have confirmed everything is solid with my current settings. I am one of those goofballs who actually tries to run the phone for a day or two before making major changes to system files after a fresh rom install:)

Craig

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm waiting to see if there's an issue with my install before I drop in a theme. I've been so sick of those 2D gray icons that look like someone had too much time during a meeting and a No. 2 pencil...

Anyway, if you get it working please let us know. I'm sure we'd like to update and see if it improves our user experience. :)