Druid 2 for dummies?

drunkitty

Reaction score
I just got my druid last week and I've gotta the hang of the basics but reading here im totally lost and have not a clue what you guys are saying most of the time.

For starters, I came here looking for some tips on what changes I can make (and how) to make my battery life last longer.

I keep reading about Roms but have no clue what they are or how to get them.

Im not tech illiterate, just new to droid (and you'd think they would have included droid as a word in their spellcheck!)

Im sure the info I need is here somewhere, I just need a guide.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got my druid last week and I've gotta the hang of the basics but reading here im totally lost and have not a clue what you guys are saying most of the time.

For starters, I came here looking for some tips on what changes I can make (and how) to make my battery life last longer.

I keep reading about Roms but have no clue what they are or how to get them.

Im not tech illiterate, just new to droid (and you'd think they would have included droid as a word in their spellcheck!)

Im sure the info I need is here somewhere, I just need a guide.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

To increase battery life you can install apps like Droid 2 Overclock and set profiles to reduce CPU power when screen is off, battery is below a specific point, and more....check it out.

As for ROM's....they are basically the OS. It's like upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 or similar. Most ROM releases provide you with the download links to the Zips. Check my signature for information on the Droid 2 including walkthrough's for Rooting and more.

If you would like to know more about rooting check this out.

What is Rooting?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you do follow the links in my signature please do me one big favor and FOLLOW EACH STEP TO THE LETTER.....they are written out to avoid Bricking and bootlooping. If you deviate you do so at your own risk.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I would use Milestone Overclock and SetCPU. You can use Milestone to OC to 1.3Ghz, which shouldnt make a big difference in battery life, and SetCPU to set a profile to only let the CPU reach 300Mhz when the screen is off.