1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Drops call and phone screen goes blank

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by SirSyeco, Jan 31, 2010.

1. SirSyeco

SirSyeco New Member

This just started recently, I've had the phone since Dec 3rd.

Randomly during a call, the phone beeps in my ear. When I look at the screen, its the phone call screen like usually, but instead of showing the caller, its black/blank. You can still see the "add call" and "end" etc buttons, but nothing works and the call is gone. It stays that way on the screen until I hit the Home button. It seems like it may have something to do with the service, but I don't know that for sure.

any ideas?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Got to find out if it's the phone or an app. Probably best thing to do is do a factory reset. Use it for a day or so without any apps then start adding the apps back in. If it starts up again you know it's an app issue, if it starts immediately it's time to get a new phone, or in your case most likely a refurb.
  3. Bildo818

Bildo818 New Member

it is a task killer- --- I was using es as of yesterday...freaked me out enough to go to verizon and swap out phones. Wish I never did because it turned out it was an app
  4. SirSyeco

SirSyeco New Member

You know.. that was probably it. I had the new es task killer installed.

Oh well thats good to know. I had already reset my phone per hookbill.. which worked also. :)

Thanks for the help
Search tags for this page

what happens when you drop your phone and the screen goes al