Drops call and phone screen goes blank

SirSyeco

Reaction score
This just started recently, I've had the phone since Dec 3rd.

Randomly during a call, the phone beeps in my ear. When I look at the screen, its the phone call screen like usually, but instead of showing the caller, its black/blank. You can still see the "add call" and "end" etc buttons, but nothing works and the call is gone. It stays that way on the screen until I hit the Home button. It seems like it may have something to do with the service, but I don't know that for sure.

any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This just started recently, I've had the phone since Dec 3rd.

Randomly during a call, the phone beeps in my ear. When I look at the screen, its the phone call screen like usually, but instead of showing the caller, its black/blank. You can still see the "add call" and "end" etc buttons, but nothing works and the call is gone. It stays that way on the screen until I hit the Home button. It seems like it may have something to do with the service, but I don't know that for sure.

any ideas?

Got to find out if it's the phone or an app. Probably best thing to do is do a factory reset. Use it for a day or so without any apps then start adding the apps back in. If it starts up again you know it's an app issue, if it starts immediately it's time to get a new phone, or in your case most likely a refurb.

Bildo818

Reaction score
it is a task killer- --- I was using es as of yesterday...freaked me out enough to go to verizon and swap out phones. Wish I never did because it turned out it was an app

OP
SirSyeco

SirSyeco

Reaction score
You know.. that was probably it. I had the new es task killer installed.

Oh well thats good to know. I had already reset my phone per hookbill.. which worked also. :)

Thanks for the help