Dropping Your Droid 2

NYCSean

Reaction score
How Did You Feel When You Dropped Your Droid?

I Dropped Mine Today Walking Outside Had Two Scratches Pretty Sad Since I Got The Phone 3 weeks ago :(

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dropped it from about chest height about 2 weeks ago. I was standing at the bottom of a set of concrete stairs. It bounced of the bottom step before hitting the ground. I swear my heart skipped a beat and I hesitated to pick it up because I was afraid of what I'd see. No ill effects though. Sorry to hear about the scratches.

tappin and a talkin

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not too bad thanks to my otterbox.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Tried to play it off as if I didnt care since I dropped it in class, but I was definitely annoyed on the inside, lol.

Mike55

Reaction score
Ive droped mine a few times, I have a case on it so not to worried about it.

Khiraji

Reaction score
About a week after I got mine, it was sitting on the dining room table. I got up to go do something and the end of my finger caught on the phone, sending it crashing onto the hardwood floor.
I unleashed an explosion of profanity, picked it up, and inspected it. Miraculously, it seemed intact and has been working perfectly ever since. I could swear that one of the sliding "hinges" is a little more loose after that ordeal, but that could just be my imagination...

Reaction score
Does the droid 2 otterbox allow you full access to the hardware keyboard?

I keep a darn tight grip on my droid 2. My wife drops hers ALL the time though and the only ill effect is some scratches on the paint. Not a bad tradeoff, iphone gets wrecked when its dropped, id say we have some pretty trusty hardware.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The D2 Otterbox case hasn't been released, so we don't know.