Dropping mobile network constantly

ryno2d

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all - I got a replacement Nexus after dropping mine and quickly bought a case for it to prevent this from happening again. I went to set up my phone and for whatever reason it takes a few minutes to connect to the network...I unlock my phone to go send a text and I get the ol 'Searching for service' for a few minutes until it finally connects.

Then today...while in Phoenix, my phone loses service all together and puts me into roaming! My wife has the Thunderbolt and her connection was fine all day and I can't get even get my phone to maintain a 3g signal. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or did I maybe just get a defective unit?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ah good ol' Verizon, hopefully updating:D

All is well here in San Jose, CA:p

OP
R

ryno2d

Reaction score
Ya I did a factory reset thinking I downloaded something I wasn't supposed to and it's still a no go. I go to make a call and get the error 'Mobile network not available' then it pops back up a few minutes later. This is ridiculous

OP
R

ryno2d

Reaction score
Huh....so I've tried this a few times now and I may have found a possible culprit...my case?? I have the Otterbox Commuter case for my phone and it's been on all day and I've been getting the strange connection issues.

I take the case off and everything works just fine. WTF? Anyone else experience this or hear about it?

Willheis

Reaction score
Huh....so I've tried this a few times now and I may have found a possible culprit...my case?? I have the Otterbox Commuter case for my phone and it's been on all day and I've been getting the strange connection issues.

I take the case off and everything works just fine. WTF? Anyone else experience this or hear about it?

Probably just a coincidence. I have had the defender case on my Razr and it was fine, started to lose signal alot, then went back to normal. I think its just Verizon's network problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haven't heard any issues with cases, though of course they cover the phone so connection issues can arise. You'd be the first I heard it from

OP
R

ryno2d

Reaction score
Ya it's mind boggling. I've put the case on and like clockwork within 2 minutes each time, I can't browse the internet, make calls or send texts. I take the case off within 30 seconds everything is working again....

OP
R

ryno2d

Reaction score
Well it would seem that the whole case/not case thing was a weird fluke last night. No connection all night while charging, called Asurion with my house phone because I couldn't make any calls. Looks like I just got a dud model and they're sending me a new one. Here's hoping the next one will actually work and I can enjoy the phone

big al

Reaction score
being from Phoenix I will say the 4G coverage is the valley is very hot and cold. i live a half a mile from a tower and cant get 4G but drive farther away I get it fine