Dropped TB In Sink Full of Water

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Hey guys, I dropped the TB in a sink full of water,,.,,,,,I am having the insurance send me a new TB....Would it be safe too still use the extended battery I have or do I have to purchase a new one? I hope i can still use it !

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
It should be safe, but to make sure I would bury it in rice for a while. Did you do that with the phone as well? I've heard people not needing a replacement after water damage because they just pull the battery and put in rice immediately!
There was another thread I saw not to long ago almost asking the same thing, I'd search around for it.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
no rice....i have an insurance claim in for it an dshould be getting the new device tomorrow.....do u think the battery will be salvagable or is it totaled.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
just put the battery back in and powered it up and is actually working fine....well see how it goes

RVC

Reaction score
I dropped my DX in the pool and immediately submerged it in ethyl alcohol then in a bag of rice for 2 days. The alcohol displaces all the water and it works pretty well. The phone was perfect after that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums