Dropped my X!

dansamy

Reaction score
Yep. It happened today. So, I'll have to make an insurance claim. The screen cracked all the way across. It works at the moment. I may keep it a bit before I file my claim. *sigh*

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dansamy

Reaction score
Oh! Wanted to ask what's best way to back up all my apps, data, files, etc. before swapping phones? I am rooted, mostly so I can tether once a week at a school where there is no wifi.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Titanium backup pro or my backup root. I use titanium backup pro. Do a batch backup or the individual apps you want to save and it will go to your sd

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just to add on, titanium will backup apps (app and data), but only data for system files, not the application itself.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Why not just make a nandroid back up and save it to a pc. Then just flash the back up on your new phone?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also a good call. Prob better than my suggestion. I guess it all depends what you want. If it was me i would probably do both the nandroid and the titanium backup, just in case

blackhawx433

Reaction score
I would also suggest a otter box defender. Makes the phone look much larger but I accidently threw my phone across the bedroom when I was straightening my bed cover, straight into my dresser. Thought it was going do be wrecked. Not a scratch even on the otter box.

OP
D

dansamy

Reaction score
She. My name is Amy.

And no, I am not putting an otter box on it. I pay for insurance so I can be free to use my phone like I want to without fear.

nan2825

Reaction score
She. My name is Amy.

And no, I am not putting an otter box on it. I pay for insurance so I can be free to use my phone like I want to without fear.

Then why the thread OP?

Sent from my DROIDX

blackhawx433

Reaction score
Why would you throw around a $500 phone like it meant nothing. Unless you had a good bit of money to blow. Just saying preventive measures are always the best. Sorry for suggesting.

blackhawx433

Reaction score
Oh yea and you eventually end up paying for insurance claims o. Mobile devices. If not straight out, little by little through your bill. If you think im full of it look at the statement which you claimed your damages on. But obviously you have the money so have fun.

OP
D

dansamy

Reaction score
I have put cases on phones in the past. I decided that I like my phone better without it. Insurance is worth the extra price to me.

I didn't throw it, though. It fell face down on asphalt when I got out of the truck. It's the first time it's fallen that way. I've dropped it plenty of other times.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I am not putting an otter box on it. I pay for insurance so I can be free to use my phone like I want to without fear.

Finally, someone gets what Insurance is for.....:icon_ banana: