Dropped my GN on a cement floor and watched it bounce...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought the silicon black Verizon case. It doesn't look bad and it protects the phone well. It's probably lighter and thinner than the others.

garfull

Reaction score
They should've made the GN with a rubberized finish like the DX so that it's not so slippery in your hands. Never needed a case for the DX but the GN is so easy to lose a grip of. Add the case just makes it so much bigger when the original design is so nice and slim.

orion2001

Reaction score
I would highly recommend the Diztronic TPU Case (Rev 3).
http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Tra...UTFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326910092&sr=8-1

It looks great, adds minimally to the thickness, but still provides a decent bit of protection. Plus it comes with a freebie screen protector that isn't all that bad. And their customer service is top notch. They are sending me a free replacement because the first one I received had a minor imperfection. Also, it fits the extended battery on the GN.

As for car docks, I really like this one: Amazon.com: Arkon Mobile Grip Windshield and Dash Mount - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Will work with pretty much any phone and prevents the mount from blocking any ports or pressing on any buttons. It's also quite cheap.

kmo

Reaction score
This phone without a case is very slippery. I would love to be able to go naked with this device but after trying a day without a case, decided after almost dropping it a couple times that I needed one .....

orion2001

Reaction score
This phone without a case is very slippery. I would love to be able to go naked with this device but after trying a day without a case, decided after almost dropping it a couple times that I needed one .....
Yup, that is exactly why I got a case as well. It gets really slippery and I dropped it a couple of times on my couch and carpeted floor in the first couple of days. The TPU cases tend to give a nice grip without making the phone lint magnets.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't dropped mine yet, but it does seem to get very slippery after you get a bit of oil on it and it's difficult to clean.

Think I may go with the Seidio surface case just for some grip. I hate to do it because I told myself I'd go naked because of how great the Nexus looks, but I'd rather not be sending it in 2-3 times over the next 2 years for insurance claims. I can't see the screen taking many falls very well.

It just hit me, they(Samsung) charged you $167 for a screen replacement, but your phone is probably still damaged on the case itself.

But with insurance it's only $100 per replacement, you get a refurb of course, but I've found they are often tested better than new devices.

Insurance cost: $6.99 a month; $83.88 a year; $167.76 over the 2 year plan.

So with lets say, one replacement over a two year contract, I'll be paying $267.76 for a Nexus replacement heh. Your screen replacement doesn't look so bad after all when you lay it out like that.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the page is says it doesn't fit the extended battery - are you sure?

I would highly recommend the Diztronic TPU Case (Rev 3).
http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Tra...UTFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326910092&sr=8-1

It looks great, adds minimally to the thickness, but still provides a decent bit of protection. Plus it comes with a freebie screen protector that isn't all that bad. And their customer service is top notch. They are sending me a free replacement because the first one I received had a minor imperfection. Also, it fits the extended battery on the GN.

As for car docks, I really like this one: Amazon.com: Arkon Mobile Grip Windshield and Dash Mount - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Will work with pretty much any phone and prevents the mount from blocking any ports or pressing on any buttons. It's also quite cheap.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already have the VZW Black Silicon Case - is the Diztronic better and why?

Mostly the accessories that Verizon sell aren't quite as nice as some of the aftermarket accessories from specific companies.

That's not to say they're bad or whatnot, but if you try say the Seidio Surface case, you'll be very impressed by just how much more precise the cut outs are and how much nicer it feels, or the fact that they attach swede to the inside of the case so that it prevents the phone from being scratched on the inside as well.

Some of it's opinion based, but a lot of it is that these other companies take great pride in their products, while Verizon is simply a phone dealer/contract seller, not a company that's very worried about accessory quality.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the response, however I want a very minimal case. Something that protects it but doesn't add to the size or heft.

The silicon case I bought is good but if the diztronic is better for the price I may want to try it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the response, however I want a very minimal case. Something that protects it but doesn't add to the size or heft.

The silicon case I bought is good but if the diztronic is better for the price I may want to try it.

The Seidio Surface is very minimal, that's why I mentioned it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Seidio Surface is very minimal, that's why I mentioned it.

Thanks just looked it up on Amazon. Too expensive for me and don't know if the extended will fit.

At least with the Diztronic if I don't like it I'll just give it to my dad who has a Nexus.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks just looked it up on Amazon. Too expensive for me and don't know if the extended will fit.

At least with the Diztronic if I don't like it I'll just give it to my dad who has a Nexus.

You get what you pay for, always been my motto.

You know I wouldn't lead you astray =P