Dropped my droid...

daddyd302

Reaction score
If it were me. I would take it back in to VZW for exchange if possible

I understand why you are saying this, but I'll tell you, it annoys me.

This guy dropped the phone. His fault six ways to Sunday and he only has COSMETIC issues with the phone.

Personally, I would be monumentally pissed if Verizon gave him a new phone.

Why?

Who do you think is paying for his ineptitude? Well that would be anyone who purchases a Droid through Verizon! So most of us!

HE dropped it.

HIS phone still works.

WE are all paying for his trade in.

Meh. :mad:

Ummm exactly how are we paying for his phone? Our rates are not going up, and the phone will still be $199......

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dropped my 5 day old Droid and every corner is scuffed/gouged.......I have insurance.....I know this sounds bad but any chance of getting a replacement?
Seriously? Take preventative measures in the future. Get a case. :icon_rolleyes:

You can definitely get it replaced after paying the deductible.

Ummm exactly how are we paying for his phone? Our rates are not going up, and the phone will still be $199......
Insurance is a for-profit business. Frivolous claims drive up costs for them and they're not going to just assume the cost for your personal benefit.

Last edited:

brochaos

Reaction score
i thought the deductible was higher now? like $80? either way, if it hasn't gone up, frivolous claims will certainly make it happen...

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I dropped my 5 day old Droid and every corner is scuffed/gouged.......I have insurance.....I know this sounds bad but any chance of getting a replacement?

well if u have insurance then yes , 50 bucks , and bam new phone .

Deductible for Asurion's insurance (the policy you get thru Verizon) is $89 for smartphones. And you get a maximum of 2 exchanges per 12-month period.

I certainly wouldn't waste one of my replacements on a little cosmetic damage -- what happens if later, you accidentally run it over with the car, say? Then you've used your 2nd replacement. If it then gets lost or stolen, you're screwed.

Besides, like many folks have said before me, frivolous exchanges will drive up insurance prices for everyone... The insurance company must make a profit -- if we all went in and exchanged our phones every time we had a scratch on it, the insurance rate would be $20 a month, rather than $6.

viperboy

Reaction score

well if u have insurance then yes , 50 bucks , and bam new phone .

Deductible for Asurion's insurance (the policy you get thru Verizon) is $89 for smartphones. And you get a maximum of 2 exchanges per 12-month period.

I certainly wouldn't waste one of my replacements on a little cosmetic damage -- what happens if later, you accidentally run it over with the car, say? Then you've used your 2nd replacement. If it then gets lost or stolen, you're screwed...

This is correct. If you bring it into the store, we will not replace it just because it is damaged. There is nothing wrong with the phone itself, it is just cosmetically damaged by the owner. You can go through Asurion, but you will pay the $89 deductible which, in my opinion, is not worth it just because it's scratched up.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Personally I would just get a case to cover up the scuffs and move on for now. Lesson learned. I'd wait to utilize the insurance if the phone starts having operating issues. Then everything is taken care of in one shot.

JTown80

Reaction score
To jts1207: I had water damage on my Droid and was looking at going back to my Blackberry since I didn't have insurance and I didn't feel like shelling out $600 for a new one. However, today, an EXTREMELY helpful guy at the Verizon store said they give a one-time replacement for $50. Now, why no one told me this at first, I don't know, but it made my week. So, you may have to keep going back until you get the right rep to help you, but apparently, this is something they have the power to do.