Dropped my droid help...

jpas97

Reaction score
I dropped it from less than a foot onto my desk and my screen is just completely black now. This is the first time I have dropped it. I cannot do anything with it besides power on.

Scottyrocket

Reaction score
Hey jpas97, have you tried all of the basic steps of battery pulling and allowing to reboot? Try taking the back door off and making sure that everything (SD Card, Battery, and Electronics) are secure and appear to be in place. Does the screen do anything at all when powering on?

OP
J

jpas97

Reaction score
Yeah I tried it all... SD Card in place, Battery pulled and put back in etc... The screen doesn't do anything. The buttons below it light up and then it vibrates and my green light in the upper right blinks but the screen does nothing...

allikanbe

Reaction score
Yeah I tried it all... SD Card in place, Battery pulled and put back in etc... The screen doesn't do anything. The buttons below it light up and then it vibrates and my green light in the upper right blinks but the screen does nothing...

Any chance that it will boot in the safe mode? This can be done by pressing and holding the Menu button on the physical keyboard and the Power button when the phone boots up.

Scottyrocket

Reaction score
You should jump over to the "Verizon Tech Here" thread... Viper may have a better idea of how to help you.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
If he has home button lights but no screen after a battery pull, it's damaged IMO, no power or no screen backlight itself... time to take it in, or do ins claim...

raqiib

Reaction score
I've dropped mine's at least 5 times and thankfully i've had no problems....hope you get it figured out with no out of pocket costs....;)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You should jump over to the "Verizon Tech Here" thread... Viper may have a better idea of how to help you.

I would go to a corp store....would be quicker...

LordKastle

Reaction score
To appease Verizon's ignorant slave I have deleted my post.

The lack of education of typical business practice is relatively unknown to him so we will allow him to graze like the rest of the sheep in to Google's hands.

Last edited:

Jad

Reaction score
I treat my droid like my first born child...always in a Padded Diaper and within my sight for safety.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Dropped mine from my shoulder to the pavement today. I'm a biger believer in Body Glove cases as a result. Hope you get it squared brotha.

aacanela73

Reaction score
The phones should be build to withstand a little bit of dropping and banging around. They are, after all, portable. It will qualify as a warrenty issue if there is no physical damage to the phone.

lamarkeith

Reaction score
To appease Verizon's ignorant slave I have deleted my post. The lack of education of

That was hilarious.. so many slaves out there..