Dropped it. DOH

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was getting ready to go bowhunting. Bent over on asphalt to tie my boots, phone flew out of my cellphone pocket in my camo hunting coat and hit on the upper left corner. Put a dent in the aluminum, though pretty small. Phone doesn't seem fazed at all.

I wish I had had it in an Otterbox. :(

SallyC

Reaction score
Oh man! Sorry to hear that. :frown: I have mine in a Otterbox Commuter and it seems like overkill but that's just the kind of thing I'm afraid of. Plus a scratch from sand or something. Glad it's nothing too big.

Bacappella

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Small dent on the corner but otherwise perfect. I bot a silicone case just to be safe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Oh man! Sorry to hear that. :frown: I have mine in a Otterbox Commuter and it seems like overkill but that's just the kind of thing I'm afraid of. Plus a scratch from sand or something. Glad it's nothing too big.

Not saying that u one of these people but I see it a lot and think it pretty funny cuz my buddy does this... All he does is talk about how thin the razr is and how sleek it is but he has this huge otterbox case on it and its huge and looks hilarious.. I told him it defeats the purpose of a thin phone but he don't want to hear it lol ur post made me think of this and I see it A LOT. But to the op did u get anything hunting or just peace and quiet lol?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not saying that u one of these people but I see it a lot and think it pretty funny cuz my buddy does this... All he does is talk about how thin the razr is and how sleek it is but he has this huge otterbox case on it and its huge and looks hilarious.. I told him it defeats the purpose of a thin phone but he don't want to hear it lol ur post made me think of this and I see it A LOT. But to the op did u get anything hunting or just peace and quiet lol?

Just peace and quiet. And froze my butt off! LOL Deer are pretty nocturnal, gun season was Nov. 15-30 and those idiots scare everything in the woods.

kparks

Reaction score
Just peace and quiet. And froze my butt off! LOL Deer are pretty nocturnal, gun season was Nov. 15-30 and those idiots scare everything in the woods.

Lol Yup and they cripple everything.. what kind of bow bow u have and to try to stay on topic how long does ur razr battery usually last and why don't u get a case?

satarecah

Reaction score
this is why otterbox rocks :) everyone that gets a smartt phone i tell them go otterbox you cant go wrong buy one off amazon for like 30 bucks if your cheap :p

Lenagainster

Reaction score
A silicone fitted case is nice. It doesn't want to slip out of my hand (Rezound). Prolly wouldn't add as much bulk to a Razr as an Otterbox. But it will provide cushioning. Have read posts where a Razr cracked inside the gorilla glass from a six inch fall on to a sink top, and another post where someone found a crack on the inside of their Razr and has no idea how it got there b/c he claimed he never dropped it. I think that the wafer thinness means it doesn't have much lateral strength. I believe over time we will see a lot of reports of the Razr cracking internally from folks sitting on it, piling something on it or dropping it, because it is too thin and lacks rigidity, in spite of gorilla glass and Kevlar backing.

satarecah

Reaction score
one... if your dumb enough to sit on your phone... well your dumb enough to break it... thats always been that way LOL. As for the drop... don't act like you got the thing for free and you prolly wont break it i like people with the iphone "Idk wth happend man i dropped it and the whole screen shattered what a piece of crap" as much as i hate the iphone.. why are you dropping somthing in the price range of 300$$-700$$ it just seems dumb to me lol i try to take care of my stuff... maybe its because i buy it my self LOL

Lenagainster

Reaction score
one... if your dumb enough to sit on your phone... well your dumb enough to break it...
I see lots of people with their phone in their back pocket. Just a matter of time before some of them break it...

.. As for the drop... don't act like you got the thing for free and you prolly wont break it...
No one drops it intentionally....sooner or later, some Razrs are going to get dropped, as the OP demonstrated. The silicone case will go a long way in cushioning the shock.

satarecah

Reaction score
I see lots of people with their phone in their back pocket. Just a matter of time before some of them break it...

No one drops it intentionally....sooner or later, some Razrs are going to get dropped, as the OP demonstrated. The silicone case will go a long way in cushioning the shock.

Well some people are rather careless with their phones idk how to explain it but im sure you have seen some people " IDC thats what i got insurance for" lol love that

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
one... if your dumb enough to sit on your phone... well your dumb enough to break it... thats always been that way LOL. As for the drop... don't act like you got the thing for free and you prolly wont break it i like people with the iphone "Idk wth happend man i dropped it and the whole screen shattered what a piece of crap" as much as i hate the iphone.. why are you dropping somthing in the price range of 300$$-700$$ it just seems dumb to me lol i try to take care of my stuff... maybe its because i buy it my self LOL

Oh I don't know, I woke up that morning and decided "I think I'll drop my $700 phone! BRILLIANT!" Seriously? Are being serious with this? I forgot my cellphone pocket was unzipped. I bent over to tie my boots. BAM! Accidents happen.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So based on all of this I called and placed the total replacement coverage on both my wife's and my Razrs. $14/month for peace of mind.

Anyone else besides me take the risk without the insurance?

Zandar

Reaction score
So based on all of this I called and placed the total replacement coverage on both my wife's and my Razrs. $14/month for peace of mind.

Anyone else besides me take the risk without the insurance?
I totally roll unprotected. I've done it with every device I have. A few have suffered some minor bumps and bruises, but no big deal so far. I figure, insurance is $7/month plus a $100 deductible with a max payout of two a year. If I have something catastrophic happen once in a year, I will have paid about $185 for the replacement. Not too bad, but it's still an expense. I figure if I break it, I can spend ~$100-150 on an older phone to tide me over until I have an upgrade for one of my lines. It's not the same as getting a lovely, brand spanking new phone, but I've saved $168 so far by not having it over the last two years; if I have a loss in the next year, I will have to spend $252 to "break even" with insurance. Depending on how far into a devices life cycle I am, I could get a very comparable (or even the same) device for within what I would have paid for insurance.

I understand it's still a risk, but it's one that I'm willing to take. Heck, I could always add a line every year for Amazon's deal, get a $0.01 phone, and pay $9.99/month for it if I wanted to pay more monthly. dancedroid

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I totally roll unprotected. I've done it with every device I have. .....
Same here. Six years with VZW with two lines. In those 12 phone-years, damaged one phone (a dive into the ceramic throne), which occurred about a month before my eligibility to upgrade. Use the previous phone as a substitute until I became eligible for a new one. I have saved enough over those years to buy two phones at list and still come out ahead.