Dropped in the lake

bassmasteraj

Reaction score
Lol. The only problem I have right now is water spots on screen. And every once and awhile it turns it self off

darthrogue

Reaction score
My first thought when I saw this was WHAT DID YOUR DROID X EVER DO TO YOU xD

Anyways, rice is a good idea, and also, using a heat source just evaporates the water and it can leave steam in the phone (if hot enough) which is never good for the LCD, or any other components.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
What I did with my daughters phone was use an blow dryer to dry it. and Put it in an container with the salt rock Packets that come with sneakers or shoe boxes for about 3 days. I put the battery in the phone and the phone works like it never fell into the water.

dangerous

Reaction score
What I did with my daughters phone was use an blow dryer to dry it. and Put it in an container with the salt rock Packets that come with sneakers or shoe boxes for about 3 days. I put the battery in the phone and the phone works like it never fell into the water.

That's called desiccant by the way......

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Back in 2004 when I worked on a horse farm, I was talking on my ear piece and microphone that was the old fashioned kind with a cord... and my cell phone was hooked on my pocket... I was carrying two full 5 gallon buckets of water and while lifting the one bucket onto its hook, I caught my phone and PLOP, into the bucket of water it went. I fished it out, immediately pulled the battery and let it sit in a warm room on a table for two days.... worked like it had never met water after that. It wasn't a smart phone, just a regular cell phone, but it did work to let it air dry for two days with the battery pulled and no buttons pushed to fry the circuits. Good luck to you... maybe you will get lucky too.

stryguy

Reaction score
Now a lot of people will disagree with this but...

You're still within your 30 days of purchase because the phone only went on sale 20 days ago I believe.

So just take it to a Verizon store during the weekend when it's nice and full of people and tell them it's defective and you want a new one.

They'll point out that the little X water marker has been set off and you should be like.. WHAT? You sold me a phone that was defective from the start! Talk loud. If you encounter too much resistance ask for the manager. Be sure to say loudly that you bought it at this store and you feel like you're being ripped off. Say, I went with Verizon because I was told the customer service was really good but you're not going to replace my defective phone I bought less then a month ago! Loudly again.

You'll get a new phone. Then, quit being dumb and jumping in water with the phone in your pocket.

Let the flaming begin. :)

123noob321

Reaction score
Now a lot of people will disagree with this but...

You're still within your 30 days of purchase because the phone only went on sale 20 days ago I believe.

So just take it to a Verizon store during the weekend when it's nice and full of people and tell them it's defective and you want a new one.

They'll point out that the little X water marker has been set off and you should be like.. WHAT? You sold me a phone that was defective from the start! Talk loud. If you encounter too much resistance ask for the manager. Be sure to say loudly that you bought it at this store and you feel like you're being ripped off. Say, I went with Verizon because I was told the customer service was really good but you're not going to replace my defective phone I bought less then a month ago! Loudly again.

You'll get a new phone. Then, quit being dumb and jumping in water with the phone in your pocket.

Let the flaming begin. :)

this. and put insuurance on that one.