Dropped Droid won't turn on... HELP?

Vestboy_Myst

Reaction score
I accidentally dropped my droid with the standard, clear plastic case, about 2-3 feet off my desk and now it does not turn on... any ideas of what I should do? I can't hard reset, already tried that.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have insurance? If not, you may just be screwed. Take it to the store you bought it from and see what they say.

OP
V

Vestboy_Myst

Reaction score
I can't believe that a drop that small would do anything so drastic. battery seems connected. Loose connection with the power button? Disappointing...

OP
V

Vestboy_Myst

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn a droid on without the button as a test? Getting nothing from plugging it into the charger either

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that a drop that small would do anything so drastic. battery seems connected. Loose connection with the power button? Disappointing...

If there is no obvious trauma to the phone, you could always take it in and explain that it will no longer turn on. If Verizon won't switch it out for you, you could go through Motorola using your one year warranty.

This is why you buy insurance...

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is a guy who dropped hims phone from 15' balcony and his phone still works

but yeah $hit Happens so I have always carried insurance on all my phones.

-=jason=-

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If there's no visible damage, take it to a Verizon store and get an exchange.

If there is no obvious trauma to the phone, you could always take it in and explain that it will no longer turn on. If Verizon won't switch it out for you, you could go through Motorola using your one year warranty.

Which is what I said earlier. If you're past your 30 days, Verizon doesn't have to give you a replacement.

mac5217

Reaction score
Droped mine without a case, just the BestSkinsEver. Fell from my hand about 3-4 feet ONTO THE GRASS! It would turn on on but wouldnt boot and just keep replaying the Moto Batwings logo. There was no physical damage to the phone at all, so I brought it back to VZW and they exchanged it without a problem.

CatsTide

Reaction score

Which is what I said earlier. If you're past your 30 days, Verizon doesn't have to give you a replacement.
sure they do. if there is no visible dme they will replace it.it has a one year warranty

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

sure they do. if there is no visible dme they will replace it.it has a one year warranty

Which is through Motorola, not Verizon. Warranty work is done through Motorola.

OP
V

Vestboy_Myst

Reaction score
Ahhh I see. So go to Motorola first if I don't have insurance?

I can't remember if I have insurance or not >_<

but I only got in in december so it may still be within the first 30 days.