Dropped Droid Stories

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That would be a good app idea for the motion sensor. Sudden stops or high g-shock rating would show on the screen

Next thing you know there would be a thread here about who has the highest g-shock score and still working. "g-shock of 9.62 and not even a scratch"

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That would be a good app idea for the motion sensor. Sudden stops or high g-shock rating would show on the screen

Next thing you know there would be a thread here about who has the highest g-shock score and still working. "g-shock of 9.62 and not even a scratch"

i laughed outloud at that... SO true of this forum - a bunch of analysis freaks (myself included) :)

droid_freak

Reaction score
Oh yeah well forgot to zip the pocket on my jump suit and droid plummeted to the earth at over 200 mph in a full dive until it deployed it's superdroid app and stopped and hovered at 5 ft until I landed. No damage :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BeADroid

Reaction score
I was mowing the lawn, and it fell out of my shorts pocket, the mower went over it........the only damage was to the battery door. when it hit the ground it popped off and was chewed up by the mower blades. The came through with flying colors, and after $4.00, I had a new battery cover from verizon, with free shipping to my house. I also have dropped it a few times on the carpet at home, with no side effects.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah well forgot to zip the pocket on my jump suit and droid plummeted to the earth at over 200 mph in a full dive until it deployed it's superdroid app and stopped and hovered at 5 ft until I landed. No damage :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lol...

I had a similar situation occur when I was in the middle of a light saber duel recently. My enemy took a stab at me - right at the heart. My Droid was, fortunately, in my shirt pocket, under my pocket protector. As soon as the light saber came within an inch of it, the "Midichlorian Engage" app... well, it engaged. I was able to instantly, with my mind of course, lift the Droid out of my pocket, and launch it directly at my enemy's light saber, slicing his "weapon" in half. I then opened the slide-out keyboard, again with my mind, and put it into an incredibly fast frisbee spin, basically turning it into a spinning razor. Before I had a chance to force-push it at my enemy, he ran away.

If you're interested in the Midi-Engage app, I have the .apk. It's in a closed beta, but the Counsel isn't too picky about handing it out as, obviously, you may or may not even be able to use it.

Oh, and after all of that, my Droid came out with only minor indications it had been in contact with the heat of the light saber - mainly, setcpu had kicked it into safe mode...

:icon_eek:

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
Other than the cats knocking it off the coffee table onto the carpet, the first time I dropped it was last week. I was pretty proud that I had gone three months without dropping it since I dropped my old BB 8330 all the time.

I had just put a Body Glove case on it the week before. I'm not a big fan of cases but I bought this one because of the kickstand. It fell on the tile here at work and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bought my Droid back on 11-6, I have never dropped it, this should be an interesting thread though

Reaction score
Yesterday I got home from running at the track, got out of my car and swiftly dropped my phone walking up the driveway fumbling with my keys and phone in same hand (wtf is wrong with me?).

Luckily I had my sneakers on since I was running and have 15 years of hacky sack experience under my belt. I managed to somewhat catch the phone with my foot on the way down, but since it's not nearly as manageable as a well broken in sack of beads there was no way I could completely catch it.

I did slow it down a lot though and it didn't have too much velocity as it rolled off my foot and hit the ground on its edge. It ended up standing upright, leaning on the side of my right foot which wasn't even on the ground (was afraid i'd step on the phone so I was balancing on one foot).

Phone was undamaged minus a minor scratch (matches the marks my squirrel left after he thoroughly inspected [and chewed on] it). The best part was two people were walking by and saw the whole thing.

They clapped as I stood there one one foot.

modified

Reaction score
I drop my Droid everyday but it escapes without even a scratch.

Just yesterday I was running on my treadmill listening to Pandora and accidentally pulled the headphones, which in turn pulled the Droid. It fell on the treadmill (which was set to 12mph), accelerated, and flew into a brick wall in my basement. Battery cover popped off, along with the battery but not a scratch was to be found.

This must have happened at least 3 - 4 times in the past week. I gotta tell you, the Droid is built to last.

dpaine88

Reaction score
Well heres my story, didn't end as well as the rest of you.

Dark rainy night, heading home from the bar with friends and happen to need to jump over a 6 ft tall fence. Find something nearby to get up on.

Jump off, slip on the mud and fall on my ass, where my droid was in that pocket. Why didn't I move it to front?

Screen TOTALLY smashed and destroyed.

This was 3 days after I bought it, called up and bought insurance that day and got a new one.

So used to my tank of a 3 year old phone that could drop 30ft and be fine so I wasn't even thinking.

reddan

Reaction score
i use no case. dropped 3 ft out of my pocket onto the pavement. the front edges got scratched up and there are some minor scratches on the screen. i had previously thought the screen was unscratchable.

emthomas10

Reaction score
ive had my droid for over a year and ive probably dropped it 50 times. i never had a case on it and nothing major ever happened to my phone bu the edges are all silver from scratches! lol my droid is probably the best phone ive ever owned, very tough, fast and useful! i love showing it to iPone owners and them being amazed at how much better it is!

lgonzal3

Reaction score
i thought i would be seeing a lot more dropped android stories from people dropping the phone from their car.

This happens to me maybe once a week, i'll be on a phone call while im driving to work and i set the phone on my lap. When i arrive at my destination i usually just get out of the car and my phone slides out of my lap onto the asphalt and usually slides a foot or two. The first time i dropped it, it had some scratches on the left top side. I went to buy a case that hid the scratches and proctected it later that night.

Thankfully its colder now, so i usually take a little longer to get my things together before i get out of the car.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I set my wallet and my droid on top of my car once. Got inside, and started cleaning out my car. Forgot I left them on top of my car. I made it 300ft to the stoplight, took off from the stoplight and heard the two slide off my car and into the middle of the street. Quickly pulled over and watched about 4-5 cars go by. Droid had a seido case - no damage to droid and thankfully no cars ran over it. I did look like an idiot in the middle of the street. lol.