Dropped/Altered Contacts

dnlkelley

Reaction score
Droid is dropping and altering contacts on it's own. How can I restore these contacts?

Thanks

Reaction score
I have the same issue! It appears the Droid has automatically merged many of my contacts to my disliking!
In my case, it appears that any contacts that share duplicate phone numbers (home phone #'s) were all merged together.
I cannot locate any preference settings that would prevent this from happening.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Can't prevent it but can undo it. After it merges them, open the contact and go to menu>separate. It will also merge any with the same name.

Reaction score
Can't prevent it but can undo it. After it merges them, open the contact and go to menu>separate. It will also merge any with the same name.

It appears that I do NOT have the "seperate" option. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Is it possible that the 2.1 update would resolve some of these type issues?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Have you gone into the display options in contacts and made sure all the boxes are checked for that gmail account?

Reaction score
Vitticeps,
Thanks, I had not done that yet. However, it didn't make the changes. I still don't get why I don't have the option "seperate contact" as others have spoke of???

This is probably my most frustrating aspect of the phone at the moment.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
sorry, it's EDIT contact, then menu then separate.

Should be there if it has in fact merged contacts. If you only see "Join" then the contacts are not merged.

Reaction score
I went as far as removing the home number from three of the contacts and it then merged differently! SO FRUSTRATING!