Dropped 4G Data EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!

krazyace38

Reaction score
lisalisa13 said:
he had me pull the sim card already. guess I'll try the factory reset next. if i go to get a new sim card how do i know which store is which? tech guy said to go to a corporate store?

Maybe the reset will work. The corporate store will have just the Verizon sign and nothing else. Stores like In2 wireless or Railroad Bizarre and Wal-Mart kiosk with a Verizon sign are retailer and don't have sim cards to give out. Also if u are in a 4g extended service area the 4g will go in and out because its not a full 4g area. Good luck :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

lisalisa13

Reaction score
krazyace38 said:
Maybe the reset will work. The corporate store will have just the Verizon sign and nothing else. Stores like In2 wireless or Railroad Bizarre and Wal-Mart kiosk with a Verizon sign are retailer and don't have sim cards to give out. Also if u are in a 4g extended service area the 4g will go in and out because its not a full 4g area. Good luck :)

Thanks :) Did the reset and working great at home, haven't tried it outside the house yet. Will be leaving in about an hour, we'll see. There's a verizon close to my work. Hopefully i wont be going there on the way

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Spoke too soon. 4G already not working again :( Guess I'll be heading to verizon

krazyace38

Reaction score
lisalisa13 said:
Spoke too soon. 4G already not working again :( Guess I'll be heading to verizon

Have u upgraded to ICS or are u still on gingerbread

krazyace38

Reaction score
If its the 905 ur on then thats ur problem I've heard about people having data problems with that version. I got my Bionic around the same time ICS was leaked so I jumped straight to ICS 232 leak I haven't had any problems with wifi except in the extended service area. If ur up for it try updating to ICS 232 leak

lisalisa13

Reaction score
krazyace38 said:
If its the 905 ur on then thats ur problem I've heard about people having data problems with that version. I got my Bionic around the same time ICS was leaked so I jumped straight to ICS 232 leak I haven't had any problems with wifi except in the extended service area. If ur up for it try updating to ICS 232 leak

Keep hearing that, but scared and intimidated. Never done anything like that before. Not to mention, verizon sees alot of my money every month, I feel like they should fix the problem or compensate somehow. Having no 4g/3G for weeks is unacceptable when I pay for it. Wish I was the kind of person that could raise a big stink, lol, but I know I won't

krazyace38

Reaction score
I can help u if u want to try. Raising a stink wouldn't do any good verizon only cares about ur money and if u threaten to cancel ur service it wouldn't hurt their feelings any if u know what i mean to them ur just one customer believe me I've tried lol

lisalisa13

Reaction score
krazyace38 said:
I can help u if u want to try. Raising a stink wouldn't do any good verizon only cares about ur money and if u threaten to cancel ur service it wouldn't hurt their feelings any if u know what i mean to them ur just one customer believe me I've tried lol

Yeah, I know. Scared of messing up the phone, or not being able to get the phone back the way it was. I've seen people say you have to revert back if the update ever comes.I am sick and tired of having no internet access away from home tho. Guess, I'll give it a try. I would need instructions for dummies lol, and how to get back

krazyace38

Reaction score
lisalisa13 said:
Yeah, I know. Scared of messing up the phone, or not being able to get the phone back the way it was. I've seen people say you have to revert back if the update ever comes.I am sick and tired of having no internet access away from home tho. Guess, I'll give it a try. I would need instructions for dummies lol, and how to get back

Sent u a pm

Hiphiphooray

Reaction score
these data drops are starting to get beyond annoying for me. I want to go to ICS but I have two problems. First, is it worth it if ICS ota update comes soon? I heard rumors of August 8th? Second, my phone is currently rooted at .905. If the new ICS comes ota, will I have to unroot before updating? I'm rooted with motofail, updated to 905, and then retained root with voodoo root keeper. Also, if I do decide to take the leaked ICS, will i retain all my apps and root? and what will happen when ICS finally does come ota, will i have to reverrt back to the way I am now, at 905?

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Had to call Verizon on my wife's bionic..They tried pushing a update to her phone but failed on their side but her phone did show the up/down arrows by signal..so it was working better. Not sure what is going on but they were interested in what was going on with the phone. Its clearly an issue and verizon knows it just not going to admit it..

matjmonk

Reaction score
these data drops are starting to get beyond annoying for me. I want to go to ICS but I have two problems. First, is it worth it if ICS ota update comes soon? I heard rumors of August 8th? Second, my phone is currently rooted at .905. If the new ICS comes ota, will I have to unroot before updating? I'm rooted with motofail, updated to 905, and then retained root with voodoo root keeper. Also, if I do decide to take the leaked ICS, will i retain all my apps and root? and what will happen when ICS finally does come ota, will i have to reverrt back to the way I am now, at 905?

As far as the official ICS OTA, it seems to be a sliding window, it originally started out to be early July and now Aug so I would be it may get pushed further out again. I would guess that to get the OTA, you will have to be running 905 since each of the leaks required that. I would also guess that once the official OTA is out, you will see a leak of the file here or on one of the other forums within a very short period of time (hours probably). There is a school of thought that since we haven't seen another leak since .235, that the OTA is maybe immenent, just thought I would throw that out there for the sake of completeness. As far as the apps, just back up your personal information to your SD card and use something like TIBU ( I know a lot of people like to dis this app, but I've used it for 4 years without issues, just restore user data and never system) or you could use something like Bootstrap or Safestrap to create a backup and hope that when the OTA comes out, the utility is compatible with the OTA. Another thing to check out is Samuri's House of Bionic which allows you to update (basically a mini-FXZ) without losing your apps or data. I used it with the .232 leak and it worked very well. The only issue I found was I could not have Safestrap installed so I lost what was on the safe side but the data on the other side was preserved. I would seriously consider getting on one of the ICS leaks, probably .232 since .235 is a forward only update, it has made a lot of difference in the amount of data drops I'm seeing and when they do happen, it looks like the phone recovers much quicker without having to do any of the tricks that one had to use on GB. Again, this is my $.02 and YMMV.

Cheers