Droix X2 vs. Razr Maxx...

Jehu

Reaction score
I'm probably going to upgrade to the Razr Maxx today. The main reason is the terrible lag that I've been getting. The freeze is so bad sometimes that I can't answer an incoming call and it goes to VM. It has become normal to have to wait 10 seconds or more after I press the call button in my contacts for the call to begin. Most of the time, a reboot helps. It's my suspicion that the apps have been upgrading to the point where they rely on a faster processor. Is the Razr Maxx processor much better than my X2?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely. The X2 has a Tegra2 chip that was plagued with issues. The Razr has a TI OMAP chip that is super stable, fast and reliable. As a matter of fact, I have never had to do a simulated battery pull unless I was on a buggy rom. I had to do battery pulls atleast once a day on my old DX.

Droidram56

Reaction score
Wasn't the Tegra2 chip used in the original aborted version of the Bionic, then replaced with the ti chip?

OP
J

Jehu

Reaction score
I've had the Razr Maxx for a couple of hours now. It's impressive. There is no freezing lag so far. The only bad part so far is that they put me on a limited data plan. I'm wondering if I should've just bought a used Bionic from craigslist and transfered my sim.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the Razr Maxx for a couple of hours now. It's impressive. There is no freezing lag so far. The only bad part so far is that they put me on a limited data plan. I'm wondering if I should've just bought a used Bionic from craigslist and transfered my sim.

Personally, I would have done that. Although you would have had to get a sim anyway since the X2 doesn't have one.