1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Drois Cases Are They out there?????

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by CrossBoX, Jan 11, 2010.

1. CrossBoX

CrossBoX New Member

I have yet found a good case to fit my droid, i got the gell one from verizon waste of 16.00 bucks the got one on ebay hard case still doesnt fit the droid good any one have one that fits good??

Thanks
    :icon_ banana:
  2. 640k

640k New Member

your title is a little misleading. there are lots of options available., including leather, cloth, rubber, plastic.

Seidio is a popular choice...

a quick search would have provided lots of results.
  3. CrossBoX

CrossBoX New Member

Yeah 640 sorry about that , should have worded it better you can delete this:):)
  4. AdamZ

AdamZ Premium Member Premium Member

I personally use the case from Bodyglove... It fits very well and doesn't cover up the microphone. It also can be used with a completely flat back or with the little nob that you insert into a clip-on belt holder. It's $30 and you can get it at the Verizon Store... Used in conjunction with a Zagg InvisiSHIELD screen cover and I think I'm in pretty good shape. The Bodyglove cover isn't super slim, but I'd rather have protection and it adds a nice grip to the device.

If you'd rather go case-less... Look into the full covers by Zagg... They make really incredible covers... NO air bubbles... you really have to know it's there or really inspect it to see it... It's not obvious like the cheap screen covers Verizon sells at their store.

Bodyglove Case (actually just found it at $13.49 @ Amazon.com... I payed $30 and it was well worth it)
    Amazon.com: Body Glove Snap-On Cover for Motorola DROID A855: Electronics

Zagg InvisiSHIELD
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Motorola Droid/Milestone Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Hope that helps!
  5. osirhis

osirhis New Member

I would have gotten the Bodyglove if it wasn't so freaking big. It didn't fit in pocket very well with it on...and since I use the Nav app quite a bit, it wouldn't fit in the car dock at all.

Once it's on...it doesn't want to come off easily...which can be a good or a bad thing depending on how you see it.
  6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

I have the Seidio Case and holster. Very good design. Tight fit (but no so tight as to damage or make removal difficult) but seems to protect well. They are a bit pricey though.
  7. fender5803

fender5803 New Member

Is it to much to ask for a vertical case for the Droid that has no magnets and will protect it? A hard or semihard "pouch" or "case" that the Droid slips into. You know, for working folks that don't care about showing off their new phone ...
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

I though the same thing at first. That's why I got the clip-holster from Seidio. But to be honest it stays in the horizontal position most of the time. It's perfect because it comes right out in a way that it's usable (i.e. as you would normally hold it). But the Horizontal "pouch" style holster is horrible, IMHO (I had the VZW 'official' one) and it was always awkward to get the phone out.
  9. CrossBoX

CrossBoX New Member

Im really liking that Zagg InvisiSHIELD
  10. backlash

backlash New Member

I've had mine on for a while, I like it too.

I'm using a hard rubberized case from eBay, it's been working fine. Although I would like to find a soft silicone type case for the phone.
  11. clwither

clwither New Member

I went from using a 3 dollar hard case that i purchased off of amazon to a body glove. I'd say by far the body glove is most definitely by favorite, predominantly because it doesn't pop off the droid. It does make it a bit bigger, but its a fair trade off for me because I know eventually I will drop this phone and i would much rather for it to be protected.

Ive noticed with both cases though, neither will fit in the docking station without the keyboard part having to be taken off =\
  12. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

im using the amzer rubberized hard case. best case ive seen so far. fits great. i had the body glove and i hated it!!! the top piece fits very loose while the bottom screen is held on with a kung fu grip!!!
  13. AdamZ

AdamZ Premium Member Premium Member

Even though I use the Bodyglove case, I still use my car dock every day. You can actually remove it quite easily with practice - literally like five seconds. The trick is to open the keyboard first and remove the top cover easily. Then, slide the keyboard closed and remove the back part of the case - this is the more trickier part. I've found, however, that if you first start with the clip on the top of the phone and work counter-clockwise (phone facing you), you will only need to remove the top and two left side clips and the phone will pop right out. It's nearly impossible to remove the right side first because of the bottom-right clip that attaches to the corner... the phone has to slide out of this clip last. I love this case and in conjunction with Zagg's InvisiSHIELD, you're in good shape... :icon_ banana: