DROIDX2 Gingerbread Update Appears to Be Ready, Newest Version of Blur Included

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
According to TheDroidGuy it's out and ready for you to download.

Check it out>>> TheDroidGuy

Originally from phandroid

Anyone get the update??

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you like root, I would not install the OTA. If its anything like the X, the OTA will be unrootable.

CM74DX

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
If your not running a custom rom, i would definitely take this OTA. You can always SBF back if you don't like it.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
If your not running a custom rom, i would definitely take this OTA. You can always SBF back if you don't like it.

So since I am not rooted and never have. If I update and a root is never available and I want one I can come back to 2.2.2 and root that?

Sorry..newbie ..help appreciated ..learn fast

Reaction score

Nah. I'll just wait and hear what reports come out. If I unroot 3 of my apps can't be backed up and I lose Supercharging, lose freezing apps, and gain gingerbloat/motoblur. I'll wait to see from others if what I gain is greater then what I will give up.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I am really hoping for some type.of answer on this gingerbread situation ...want to know if it will solve my problems...I.e.keyboard(have to clear data sometimes) sound skipping when playing music in background, occasional freeze forcing me to pull battery,....

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Also I read verizons page of "benefits" but does anyone know any other specific benefits? Such as smoother operations and better response from touch screen or anything

Reaction score
Also I read verizons page of "benefits" but does anyone know any other specific benefits? Such as smoother operations and better response from touch screen or anything

If you are having a problem with the touchscreen I would have to say that is a HARDWARE issue and not software. GB can't fix that. As for the rest no one knows until it starts hitting devices.

ckburks

Reaction score
Dude I don't know... My screen freaks out until I put it to sleep for a second and is then fine... I think its software... Or rather hoping
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

magman

Reaction score
mine does that to its like somthing is touching the screen but turning it off then right back on well putting it to sleep not turning the whole phone off fixes it.

i have notied that it seem to do it when returning to your home screen or hitting the back button to get to ur home screen.

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
Dude I don't know... My screen freaks out until I put it to sleep for a second and is then fine... I think its software... Or rather hoping

I had to get a new screen for my X2. Works like it should now, but it went absolutely crazy. Keep an eye on it. Sleeping helped mine for about a second, then it started selecting random things.

magman

Reaction score

I had to get a new screen for my X2. Works like it should now, but it went absolutely crazy. Keep an eye on it. Sleeping helped mine for about a second, then it started selecting random things.
mine always opens up my camera

magman

Reaction score
oh yours does it in apps to ok mine only does it at home screen i wounder if its the kraken case makeing it do that now that i think of it i dont recall it doing it before i got the case but i only had the phone 2 days before i got the case lol.