Droidx

Anthony 23

Reaction score
My upgrade date is here. I got my moto Droid right from start. I went back and forth in my mind on What I should choose as my new phone.the Samsung or the droidX. I went with the X. Any recommendations? Did I make the right choice?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid X ftw!

But like all other 'choose my phone for me' threads, its all about what YOU wanted.

Sent from my DROIDX

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Did you have an opportunity to play with the Samsung phone prior to deciding on the X?

I would of course say you did - but I am partial ;)... congrats on the X!!

I came from a D1 as well - I set my X (at first) much like my D1 was when I switched (apps and layout)...In addition to these sub-forums, also check out our sister site at www.droidxforums.com ...

wmedina1991

Reaction score
I'm loving my DX. Only misgiving is the efuse and inability to mod kernal. but you can still put themes, roms, and overclock as well as change the battery voltage.

And the hardware is amazing on it.

OP
Anthony 23

Anthony 23

Reaction score
I'm very excited for sure. I was tempted to get the Samsung, but yes in partial too! I hope I get the rebate credit card with it. Do I just bring my phone to Verizon and they in turn transfer all my apps and contacts?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If you set your X up with the same gMail account that you have on your D1 - your contacts will transfer over. Your paid apps will show up in the market under downloads which only leaves your "free" apps...you can purchase / download MyBackUp Pro and use it as a backup and then reinstall your apps from it...