DroidX USB Cable

luckycat007

Reaction score
Everything was great with my DX, but for some reason now the USB cable seems to be loose...I have to push it up slightly for it to work. This is not the stock Motorola USB cable, rather a cheapo one that I purchased before getting the DX...it was working fine with the cable, but at some point after using for about 2 hours in my car (with USB port on the radio) it disconnected and I've had the problem since then.

Just wondering if there were known issues with the USB port...seems rather flimsy. Could just be my cable, but I don't know why it would have just stopped working nicely.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything was great with my DX, but for some reason now the USB cable seems to be loose...I have to push it up slightly for it to work. This is not the stock Motorola USB cable, rather a cheapo one that I purchased before getting the DX...it was working fine with the cable, but at some point after using for about 2 hours in my car (with USB port on the radio) it disconnected and I've had the problem since then.

Just wondering if there were known issues with the USB port...seems rather flimsy. Could just be my cable, but I don't know why it would have just stopped working nicely.

I strongly recommend that you use the stock cables that came with your Droid. Also try and stay with charges for your Droid, don't use other phones chargers.

heycow

Reaction score
One of the main reasons that you'll find is that with other chargers you will have VERY poor accuracy on the touch screen while they're plugged in. I have problems with the stock charger, but other ones are awful. It's a known issue that has to do with voltage or something but isn't harmful per se, just annoying. :)