Droidx Update Produces Dead Pixels For The Camera And Camcorder Applications!

JonathanF

Reaction score
I had my DroidX Cell Phone since when it was released last week.

The Cell Phone was working very well with no dead pixels on any of the menu screens, none on any of the software applications, and none on the Camera or Camcorder applications.

I had checked for the dead pixels using different colored backgrounds, and using dark screens especially with the Camera and the Camcorder application.

On Tuesday afternoon I downloaded and installed the DroidX 1.13.604 Update.

The DroidX now has some dead pixels in the same location only in the Camera and Camcorder applications, and not in any of the other applications or menu items.

You need to use the Camera and Camcorder applications in very low light and viewing a dark screen and you will definitely see the white colored dead pixels.

If you using the Camera and Camcorder applications and you are looking at an object in a bright light or in an outdoors setting you will probably not notice the white colored dead pixels.

Since the dead pixels only occur in the Camera and Camcorder applications it is probably a software related bug.

Any comments?

Jonathan
:icon_evil:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Does the pixels affect video and/or pictures?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah it did for at least one user at Droidxforums.com

brandegy

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better it isnt because of the update. My phone started that on Monday. I called VZW and thought the tech was ordering me a new phone. Nope she was just going to wait till it came in stock and then order it. I called Tuesday and had them check to find all of this out. They are ordering me a phone and instead of getting in next monday i have to wait til 8/3. So call as soon as this happens and get your order in.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sad that such a hyped up phone has so many complaints/issues.

brandegy

Reaction score
All im saying is even with half the screen flickering and a line of dead pixels, I still love the phone. Everytime I do anything on my Wifes D1 it feels so small and bulky. but that phone was amazing.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should exchange your phone..