DroidX Support Page for Gingerbread Update Online; Should Be Coming Soon

reaper keeper

Reaction score
So it took six minutes to install. There is now a red circle with a white M for the boot up, then the Droid Eye(same as before the update) the darn eye lasted like 4 minutes! It looks like alot has changed! I will have to play around for a while to see what all is new.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I just did a manual check for updates and there it was! It took an hour to download OTA. I am installing now!

WOW. It only took about 5 mins to download (I did mine at about 12:50 a.m. today). It took about 10 mins to install and do it's thing and *poof* - there I was on Gingerbread!

I'm really liking the new interface. I like the new rotation animation. Seems a little smoother. I also like the dark navy and turquoise color combination. I also liked that I didn't have to set everything back up on my phone. I only lost my email app button, but that was easily fixed.

Yeah. I like bright and shiny objects. :icon_eek: And right now, Gingerbread is a bright and shiny object. dancedroid

Overall, a very painless update (so far). Just like it was to FroYo.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
So it took six minutes to install. There is now a red circle with a white M for the boot up, then the Droid Eye(same as before the update) the darn eye lasted like 4 minutes! It looks like alot has changed! I will have to play around for a while to see what all is new.

I worried when I saw the red eye. I thought it would last forever. I got a little worried. Luckily, it didn't take long for the phone to come back up (well, for me it felt like eternity, but obviously it wasn't that long).

New Things I've Noticed:
Under Setting -> Wireless & Networks -> NEW: Tethering & Mobile Hotspot. Don't recall this little puppy before. But, since I don't tether or use my phone as a mobile hotspot, I'm not that concerned. Yet.

Books - this a Google Books app that must come with this update, as I never downloaded this before. Also, this updated almost immediately after I opened Market. Note: This was checked for automatic update. Removed that instruction immediately!

VApps - Verizon Apps - you have to sign into this. Don't recall seeing this before.

That's what I've noticed other than the appearance of Gingerbread.

Reaction score
i'll post this here too, I keep getting the "check for update was not available at this time"

is there anything i can do to actually get through? I think since i've had the phone since March, i have only been able to check for an update once, every other time i keep getting that

Allen K

Reaction score
My phone decided to switch to 1x before starting the download. It's been going for about an hour now and is 44% done :p

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
i'll post this here too, I keep getting the "check for update was not available at this time"

is there anything i can do to actually get through? I think since i've had the phone since March, i have only been able to check for an update once, every other time i keep getting that

Hm. I've never had that come up when I hit the "System Updates"

I think it just depends. I did the "System Updates" and got the update ready to install. I checked a couple of times during the day. I was up late last night (I checked at about 12:50 a.m.) and that's when I finally said I had an update. I think it just depends on the whims of Verizon and/or Motorola when and who gets the update.

Just keep checking periodically. If not, you'll eventually get a message that there's an update for your phone.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Anyone seeing a failed update? It made it through the download and rebooted probably went a quarter of the way and the triangle with exclamation point rebooted and reported failure.