DroidX SD Card transfer

mitch_phxaz

Reaction score
I have files on an SD card which I plugged into the slot..I then selected "move" which I presumed was moving the files to the local 8GB storage. However I cannot find it on the local 8GB storage ... is there anyway to move from one SD card to the local?

Love the DroidX :)

ffej89

Reaction score
Just curious what files are you wanting to load from sd to phone? For the most part you want to keep all you can on your sd because loading onto your internal mem will hinder the speed of your phone if there is to much on there.

ghfisher2000

Reaction score
Still want to know how to do it

Regardless of which/what files want to be transferred, the question still is, how do you do it on the phone itself. So if you have files, an app or whatever that you are storing on the card and then want to use the app or file, how do you get it to the phone so it can be used?
(Where did you even find the "move" function?) I am at a total loss as to how you use the SD card. There's lots of stuff there, but how do you use it? Is there an article or info about using the SC card?

OP
M

mitch_phxaz

Reaction score
I do not have a micro SD card reader..I want to move my old images to the phone so I can move them to the larger 16GB micro SD that comes with the DroidX

If you go to file manager and hold down say aaa.jpg there is an open to "move" but it doesnt say where it is moving to.

ghfisher2000

Reaction score
I see what you mean about the "move function." I don't know, my guess is that you have to be connected to something, such as your computer. I also think that the best way to get pics and music onto you phone sd card will be to connect your droid to the computer, on the phone, select that you want to connect as sd card only. Your computer sees that as another storage device. Then just copy the items you want from the computer to the device, they will go straignt to the sd card. I hope this helps.

OP
M

mitch_phxaz

Reaction score
Thank you greatly..I wasnt near a computer so I was thinking to cheat :)