DroidX reboot issues

ajdroid123

Reaction score
My DroidX reboots after locking up in either the browser search or the Maps app. The lock up happens several times a day...the reboot probably twice a day. Thus is becoming very annoying.

Is this a common issue?
Can anything be done to fix this?
If I root the phone would that fix the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Non-rooted DroidX w/ up-to-date software.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FoFa

Reaction score
Mine is locking up, then sometimes rebooting. Even had to do a battery pull, first time since I got it in Sep. Std OS loaded. So I am guessing some app that I loaded, I just can't recall which of the apps. have been loaded in the last month. Is there a way to debug which app or apps could be causing this?

shrekfx

Reaction score
Same issue. Did a fax reset and it just locked up on me a few mind ago.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either the phone itself is a crappy design, or the OS has a major bug in it. This problem is very common unfortunately.

I have formatted, cleared the cache, wiped the data, SBF'd the phone, half a dozen times. And almost every day, there is a new thread on this, like clockwork.

So either Motorola put out a crap phone that isn't stable, or the latest version of the OS has a major bug. Not that anyone will admit that, but it is clear that there is a problem.

Too many people are having this issue, and no resolution seems to work for more than a few hours.

This will probably end up forcing me to ditch this phone and get something better from someone other than Motorola...

jsw6380a

Reaction score
This has become quite chronic. If I were you and the phones AREN'T hacked, let Verizon deal with it.. If you bug them enough they will give you what you want. I will tell you that it is NOT normal for them to do this. I will tell you to get rid of task killers and reboot them every morning after you pull them off charge and see if that helps. If that doesn't help and a factory reset doesn't help let verizon deal with it. :icon_ peace: :icon_ peace:

bdegs15

Reaction score
my droid x is freezing at the reboot screen with the motorola symbol, this just happened today and im not sure what to do , ive tried factory reset and battery pulls but nothin happens. im not sure what else to do its running on the 2.2.34 ota. any advice ???? pleas help.

smsommers84

Reaction score
my x is stuck in reboot mode. The Motorola logo comes up, then droid and then the red eye. Then it goes right back to droid then eye and etc. Took it to Verizon last night told me they had none in stock have to mail me one "overnight" and might get it monday. To say the least standing in the middle of a corporate store holding the receipt to my ear yelling can you hear me now doesnt help my x withdrawls.

Natey2

Reaction score
There is an app in the Market called "Log Collector".
After a crash/restart, use the app to view your logs.

Not suggesting anything here :), but some entries will look like this:

02-13 02:46:25.173 I/ActivityManager( 1262): Process com.google.android.apps.maps:NetworkLocationService (pid 14708) has died.
02-13 02:46:25.173 W/ActivityManager( 1262): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.google.android.apps.maps/com.google.android.location.internal.server.
NetworkLocationService in 5000ms

hookbill, could we start a separate thread where users can post segments of their logs? Users need to edit the logs to remove private info before posting. I'm curious which rogue apps are trigerring these crashes/restarts.

FoFa

Reaction score
Log Collector, now at least I have a way to see what is going on. Is there something that shows CPU activity, like windows task manager performance by any chance?

Natey2

Reaction score
Log Collector, now at least I have a way to see what is going on. Is there something that shows CPU activity, like windows task manager performance by any chance?

I'm checking out aLogCat now for dynamic log activity.
For process/CPU activity:
Android System Info
SystemPanel Lite

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree with earlier poster. On a stock phone this should not be happening and is not happening to the vast majority of users. If a Factory Hard Reset doesn't fix it, call or take it back to Verizon. You might try to get a local Verizon store with a decent tech to reflash the OS. If that fixes it at least you get to keep your phone and not have to play the "Certified Like New" lottery. :)

Good luck.