Droidx on my network

digrega

Reaction score
Why can't I see my droidx on my Windows 7 browser? I know that the Droidx is connected and verifiable by browsing the router settings.:icon_evil:

SL-1200

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forums, this place has the most knowledgeable people on the web! You'll surely find answers to many if not all your questions.

Now, are you connecting your pc through WiFi? If so, then your X is only acting as a wireless router or an internet connection. You'll have to either physically connect your X via mini USB cable or through Bluetooth if that is an option for you. Let me know if that makes sense and surely correct me if I'm wrong.

liferefugee

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forums, this place has the most knowledgeable people on the web! You'll surely find answers to many if not all your questions.

Now, are you connecting your pc through WiFi? If so, then your X is only acting as a wireless router or an internet connection. You'll have to either physically connect your X via mini USB cable or through Bluetooth if that is an option for you. Let me know if that makes sense and surely correct me if I'm wrong.

Micro usb cable... make sure its micro :) Other than that, the reason why you cant see it is based on how Windows 7 handles networking. Once you are connected to your wireless network (using a router other than your phone in hotspot mode) initiat the connection from your phone using the built in application. Your phone can see your computers even if your computer can not see your phone.

OP
D

digrega

Reaction score
Clarification

I have no problem seeing the DX as a removable storage unit via the USB, I was wonderig Y I don't see the DX as a normal member of the network like any other PCs and or Laptops. The PC is cabled in the router, two laptops and the DX are connected via WiFi to the same network. Ican see the laptops but not the DX.

Thanks for your replies
DG

liferefugee

Reaction score
you cant see it because Microsoft changed how they find computers on a network back with Vista. Even if you had 2 computers on the network, 1 running 7 or vista, the other running XP, you had to install something on the XP machine to get it to be found by the 7/vista machine. Yet the XP machine could find the vista/7 machine without issue.

If you setup a shared folder on your computer, your phone will be able to see it and you can transfer files that way... but like I mentioned before, start it with the phone not the computer if your going over wifi.

short answer in red :)