DroidX no corp exchange link

caseyg

Reaction score
I'm re posting this in the correct Forum and adding one more detail. I have also tried Touch Down and get the same result. I'm really bummbed this doesn't work on my new X.

All, I have the droid x (LOVE IT) and can not seem to get the corp sync to work with my Zimbra server. My I.T. guy has an older droid and it syncs fine with my acount and corp sync. Defenite issue with my phone. Anyone aware of a bug with these new phones.

We set all options identical on both phones.... older droid works, new droidx does not!

Model: DROIDX
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
ERI Version: 5
PRL Version: 51926

Reaction score
I'm re posting this in the correct Forum and adding one more detail. I have also tried Touch Down and get the same result. I'm really bummbed this doesn't work on my new X.

All, I have the droid x (LOVE IT) and can not seem to get the corp sync to work with my Zimbra server. My I.T. guy has an older droid and it syncs fine with my acount and corp sync. Defenite issue with my phone. Anyone aware of a bug with these new phones.

We set all options identical on both phones.... older droid works, new droidx does not!

I am an Exchange Admin, so I don't know anything about Zimbra, but perhaps you need Zimbra Mobile installed? (Mobile collaboration tools for enterprise messaging for mobile devices )

OP
C

caseyg

Reaction score
I have Zimbra set correctly with all modules activated that are needed. The active sync works with an older DROID and many of our Samsung Windows phones. This is a defenite issue with my DROIDX.

Reaction score
I have Zimbra set correctly with all modules activated that are needed. The active sync works with an older DROID and many of our Samsung Windows phones. This is a defenite issue with my DROIDX.

I wasn't even aware that you could set up an account other than Exchange Server accounts up on the Corporate Sync app on the Droid X.

Can you set it up via POP or IMAP, and if so, does it work at that point?

Do you get any error messages? Can your email administrators do any sort of debugging/log views on the server side?

I had an issue Syncing my Exchange Calendar and it turned out to be some sort of corrupt appointment that I fixed by clearing my Exchange Calendar (after backing up) and then restoring the Calendar.

OP
C

caseyg

Reaction score
Yes, IMAP works fine although as you know doesn't allow for sync. Just ran an update on the DROIDX, no fix.

Reaction score
Yes, IMAP works fine although as you know doesn't allow for sync. Just ran an update on the DROIDX, no fix.

You may be hard-pressed to find Zimbra experts in this Forum... I have never even heard of it until your post showed up. I can tell you that Verizon Tech Support will just tell you to speak to your Mail Admins, but you may have success in contacting Motorola Support (they have an online chat feature that I used at one point). I had good results when I contact Motorola's Tech Support Chat session a week ago.

OP
C

caseyg

Reaction score
Thanks for your time johnboy. I have posted in the Zimbra Mobile forum as well. Also left a message with Motorola support. At this point I'm sure its a kernal or software bug with the phone. I just set up another Samsung Saga 2 minutes ago with active sync to my account and had no issues. :icon_evil:

installer

Reaction score
I've done the same thing as well as spending hours on the phone with both Verizon and Motorola. Unfortunately the new droid 2 has the same 2.2 operating software and consequntly doesn't work either. You can get it to work using the k-9 application but it turns into a web based product that isn't to user friendly.